HolidayCoro Programmer to set LOR AC controllers in DMX?

cwbotner

New elf
All;
Can I set the LOR controlller ID using the DMX setup, or do I need to purchase the LOR dongle? (I would rather not buy a $60 dongle just to set the IDs)
I understand the Documnet attached to this post, Thank you, but I did not see where it covered setting the unit ID.
1)The slide in the Doc that says to use the software or the onboard switches, but My controllers do not have the switches. i guess I am unsure if I can use DMX to access the software to set ID's or Upgrade software.
2) It states that you cannot use the shimmer and twinkle on the controllers if using DMX... Can you use it in the LSP software? or is it just completly unavalable to be converted through DMX?
3) Is the RJ45 adapter that David_AVP sells for this purpose? to go from the DMX controller (j1sys D2) to the 1st unit? then it is just regular RJ45 pin pattern from LOR controller to LOR controller?

I plan on using 1 port of the D2 to control my LOR controllers, and the other to control my RGB floods, and HolidayCoro products.
Please asssist..
Thank you.. :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The LOR channel config must be set via LOR S3 hardware config using the LOR dongle, im not 100% sure if you can use any other dongle to do this.

The vast majority of people who use LOR controllers in DMX will already have LOR software and dongle. If you do not then the best board of choice would be the LOR controllers that use the channel dial as these do not need software to set the address. But that doesnt help you now.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Where are you located? Some of us have LOR kicking around and would be happy to set the address for you.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
cwbotner said:
1)The slide in the Doc that says to use the software or the onboard switches, but My controllers do not have the switches. i guess I am unsure if I can use DMX to access the software to set ID's or Upgrade software.

As previously stated here

cwbotner said:
2) It states that you cannot use the shimmer and twinkle on the controllers if using DMX... Can you use it in the LSP software? or is it just completly unavalable to be converted through DMX?

You can use the software shimmer and twinkle in LSP

cwbotner said:
3) Is the RJ45 adapter that David_AVP sells for this purpose? to go from the DMX controller (j1sys D2) to the 1st unit? then it is just regular RJ45 pin pattern from LOR controller to LOR controller?

You dont need this adaptor if you have a J1SYS ECG-D2 as this outputs DMX, but you will need to make a cross over cable between any LOR controller and any native DMX device.