Holman Floods wled possible??

Allen

New elf
Came across this as I browsed the latest things I don't need, but will buy anyway at the big green kids store. Anyone know of the possibility to hack and run wled or somehow to run them with xlights?
I didn't buy them because if it's not possible then I won't bother and being so new I wanted to ask before leaping.

Attachments

• 20240130_090349.jpg
    20240130_090349.jpg
    966 KB · Views: 30

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
there’s a possibility that you could open it up and find an ESP8266 chip inside that could be flashed with WLED with some very careful soldering. But I don’t think it’s likely.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
You'd be better off buying standard WS2811 10W floods from one of the known vendors and creating your own ESP based WLED controller. The price would be very similar and you'd know it's going to work.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I thought they were Bluetooth? Does it say wi-fi on it anywhere?

EDIT: it does appear to be Bluetooth only, so unlikely to have an appropriate module inside.

Last edited:

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
I'm betting it'll be one of those little bluetooth solder-on boards attached to the main PCB, most likely communicates with the micro-controller on the main PCB that drives the r/g/b transistors via serial data, you could theoretically use an esp8266 to drive the R/G/B transistors however, but would require you to open these up and do a little DIY work.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
It appears to be 4 pins on the extension cables.
Most likely dumb RGB, with a common anode + R, G, B).
Maybe power + RS485 communication if they are smart addressable lights?

1706712383370.png