How are you mounting your CG-1500 enclosure?

DanJ

Full time elf
I noticed that my CG-1500 enclosure has some "knobs" on the back of the enclosure. Does anyone know--are these intended to be incorporated into a unistrut mounting bracket or a mounting bracket similar to unistrut? I haven't gotten this far yet, but in the next few weekends I will have to figure out how to mount my CG-1500 in the yard. I don't want to put on the ground if at all possible. I actually have a "transformer box" (19kv yikes) in my front yard that I am thinking about "hiding" my CG-1500 behind; would be a good spot for it pretty close to my arches. Thanks very much in advance!!

chicken

Apprentice elf
I take a piece of 1/2 or 3/4" PVC about 12-18" long and screw a couple of pipe straps over the PVC and into knobs of the back. I then hammer a piece of rebar into the ground and slide them over the rebar. This way I keep them about 12" off the ground.

DanJ

Full time elf
I will have to think about that; sounds like a good idea. I am thinking about finding some magnetic holders I can use to affix the enclosure to the transformer in our front yard. I am using rebar to support my arches.