How late

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
At the moment my display runs from 6:30pm to 9:45pm each night as there's virtually zero visitors after 9pm or thereabouts anyway.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Sun to wed 8.00 to 9.30 thurs 10.00 fri sat 10.30 but the few days before Christmas it stays on some nights until 11.00

gerry

Senior elf
I run my show (with music) from 8.30 to 10.30

From 10.30 to 11.30 , I have a quieter color only , no flashing display.

Oh , I also have a 5 min pre show test from 8 pm (whilst it is still bright) , to verify that all the lights etc are on and working :). Was very useful in the first few days to adjust timers, make sure the amp is correctly set , that no fuse has blown etc and that no one is the house decided to unplug my connection to use a hair dryer (just kidding-paranoia here).

Habbosrus

Back again
Sun - Thurs 8pm - 10pm
Fri - Sat 8pm - 11pm
Lots and lots of people tonight so expecting to stay on til late next weekend and days leading up to Xmas. Everybody really enjoyed themselves tonight, especially me.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I think a lot is determined by the traffic and what your neighbours are willing to tolerate

But the general rule for many is to finish earlier during the week and run longer on the weekends then running longer during the final few days before Christmas

mborg10

Michael Borg
Even though I still had cars out the front at 10.30 last night the show went off. I figure if the neighbors are still going to work I want to let them get some sleep but closer to Christmas most people are on holidays so it's open slather. Your neighbors can be your biggest fan or your worst enemy. Best to try and keep them happy so the show can go on.

grahami2006

Full time elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
Even though I still had cars out the front at 10.30 last night the show went off. I figure if the neighbors are still going to work I want to let them get some sleep but closer to Christmas most people are on holidays so it's open slather. Your neighbors can be your biggest fan or your worst enemy. Best to try and keep them happy so the show can go on.

So do you think a slab of beer would help? LOL

mborg10

Michael Borg
grahami2006 said:
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:

Only if they go halves with you and it might have to be coronas. My neighbors don't complain cause they are usually having a beer with me. Most people are descent and will come talk to you if they have an issue and you can come to a compromise.

Habbosrus

Back again
grahami2006 said:
It sure would Graham! Send one my way and I promise I won't complain about your lights or music ;) . Just cos I'm hundreds of k's away has nothing to do with it :D