How Long To Test New Pixels?

paullyxmas76

Full time elf
I think anyone who has bought from Paul will stand by and his service as absolutely amazing - and a very highly recommended and respected vendor in this field.
Most people will know that none of these failures are by any fault of Light It Up - and all due to the manufacturers in China supplying dodgy products to him.

The conversation is open.
@paullyxmas76 - thank you.

Anyone who has bought direct from the manufacturers in the last year or two, it would be great to supply Paul with information on which vendors you have found the most reliable in your batches - I for one would like to purchase locally, and if this helps our local retailers determine the best supplier, I'm all for it. Of course - assuming that this information is welcome and useful to you Paul :)
Thank yo for your reply Skymaster...it means alot...we just don't want to supply dodgy pixels...we have tested mulitple vendors over the last year and a half...with failures in all ...some from being the most reputable vendors...we do hope things get better for 2023 ...but we definitely don't want to be in this situation again Dec 2023...thank you for your continued support and understanding...Merry Xmas to you and your family and thank you for your contribution to the Xmas light community...it is very mush appreciated!!:)

stooged

Pixelated
yes it is definitely a random thing, i purchased 4500 leds from paullyxmas76 at the start of the month and i built a matrix with 862 pixels, 3x spiral trees with 100 pixels each, icicles which have about 1500 pixels, roof outline with about 300 pixels and 3x candy canes which were something like 60 pixels each.

everything has been fine apart from the matrix, the bottom half just kept having problems every day and sometimes multiple times mid show and i narrowed it down to 1 box of 500 pixels out of the 4500 i purchased.

the failures were always on the bottom half of the matrix and i built it from top down and the first 500(1 box) pixels were perfect the second box were bad which was the bottom half.

the other 2000 pixels i never had an issue with and they were in direct sunlight for the entire day with some on a black metal roof, the matrix was infront of a fence with only the morning half of the day sun.
every time i had a failure i could squeeze that pixel with pliers and it world work again for a while so it was just that 1 box with bad solder joints.
finding that 1 box out of say the 9 i purchased would be hard because you would need to test every single box.

i decided to pop out the entire bottom of the matrix and put new strings in and i have put the bad strings out in the sun today to see if they go bad just with the sun on them all day.

Adsy

Full time elf
Can't believe I missed this thread. MY garage matrix was working great guns for 2 weeks and ever since I have been chasing my tail.
At least now it seems there is a logical explanation as I have tried to eliminate every possible cause of these failures. Sad news but good to know.
I just want to throw my support for @paullyxmas76 as his service has been top notch and i suspect most bought in the Pre BUY offers which were direct from the supplier i believe so hardly his fault.