How to add new models to existing sequence?

JonGrulke

New elf
Hello all- so I am newer to the hobby but learning and spending more each day! I have not come across any instructions on how to add new models to existing sequences in xlights? Let say you built leaping arches and wanted to add it to a existing sequence how do you add the new models to the sequence? I'm sure it easy but a oversight on my part...

Also let's say you have models for Christmas and you want to make new models for Halloween? Do you need to run 2 instances of xlights? If you are using the same controllers how do set up the new props on the same channels on your controllers as the existing Christmas props? Thanks all for any help

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Right click on the timing track/model list column and select Edit Display Elements then add your new element(s). You can also change the order elements are displayed here too.

I have 2 folders - xlights christmas and xlights halloween - and just set them us as two completely different setups. There are other ways of doing it, but I reckon this is the easiest especially if you have very different prop setups on the controllers.

JonGrulke

New elf
Thanks so I just have 2 show folders? 1 for Halloween and one for Christmas?