How to add RGB pixels to existing saved channel group

DougieB

Full time elf
Hi LOR legends.

Here is the thing. I am getting into pixels/rgb and have an existing LED channel layout(90 channels). Over the last day and a half I have been playing with a couple of pixel strings and have saved a channel layout for this (150 channels). I have tried importing the RGB channel layout into an existing sequence (and vice versa) and my arrangement goes crazy, depending on which way i import. I have set up my RGB channels to start at address 96 and my LEDs end at 90. when the import occurs the new channel group goes to the top one the channel list and takes the place of any channels that previously existed.
Hope this makes sense
Will try and upload some screen shots tomorrow
Am I just making a simple rookie mistake ?
Doug

Bird

LOR user
Have you tried to insert xx number of new channels before you try to import.
This can be done by right clicking in the channel name colum,
Select insert channel, select insert multiple channels, and type the number of new channels.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
What you are having problems with is 1 of the very few hates that I have with LOR. When you import a reference file into a sequence it uses the order of the sequence file and plonks it directly over the order of the sequence file. There is no attempt to correlate channel names/ controllers etc. If you allow for this fact then you shouldn't have too many problems.

DougieB

Full time elf
Thanks for the advice, had a play today and by adding the 150 channels to the start of the existing grouping have managed to succesfully import. Was a good exercise as I found a few channel double ups. So all is good :D

DougieB

Full time elf
Now for the next question, how do you add the Pixel string to the Visualiser. If I add it as CCR I can't put in the channel and if I add is RGB I get only get 3 channels per string (dumb RGB)

Doug

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Dougie at the momen in the visualiser the only way to draw pixels is one bulb at a time. it is really only set up for there pixel strings. the ccr and ccb. this i one thing they need to change and is a pet hate of mine these last few months.