How To: Pixel Meteors (Pixicles, Pixemeteors)

plasmadrive

Full time elf
Hi All,

In the original Plasma Icicles I ran the DO wire up the back but inside the sleeve. Worked well. As for power injection, I did it every two meters worth of strip. So that meant ever 4 meters I injected power both ways. One way to stiffen them up would be to put what appears to be a long Popsicle stick in the sleeve with the strip and the return wire. Just a thought.

Well the Plasma Icicles served me well for a few years.. As a matter of fact I took them up to Redding and put them around the bed of their float for the GCLF.. That float was pretty amazing!

Now I have to admit, I am doing a change this year. Ray has a PCB that has the DO trace all the way up the PCB.. so no more wire down the back. I have him making me new Plasma Icicles that are all 0.5m in length using that PCB.. I mean literally a PC board.. not a flex strip. That will make them inherently rigid. He is making them in white for me instead of black. He is also putting them in the sleeve and sealing them up with cables and connectors.. That way I don't have to do anything to them.. in theory anyway.. We shall see how it goes.

I do know that he has about 200 of them made out of flex strips that he made by accident. (he forgot I wanted a rigid PC board. I am thinkin he may want to sell those.. Just ask for the ones Craig Nelson ordered .. just a thought..