How to reconfigure E682 (add extra pixels on a string in specific cluster)

petulka77

New elf
After I started to set up my display I found out that I need to add 18 more pixels to a string.
The string is controlled by E682. I still have room in the universe (there is currently 150 pixels) and I know I have to inject the power.
The only problem is that I can’t figure out how to reconfigure E682 to tell it that the 3th. string on cluster 4 should be 68 pixel instead of previous 50 pixels.

Here is a screenshot of my current working configuration. All my strings consist of 50 pixels.
Please, can anybody help me to point me how reconfigure it? (provide a command, etc.)
Thank you

DanJ

Full time elf
I just got an E682 about 8 weeks ago so I am still learning. Can't you just set that socket to your desired number of pixels on your browser screen?

petulka77

New elf
If I understand right the Socket in "SanDevice" language is universe.

Ideal would be to have 7 rows in the Pixel String Configuration where 3 rows would be dedicated to cluster #3
1st row 2 strings with 50 pixels
2nd row 1 string with 68 pixels
3th row 1 string with 50 pixels

Do you know how to do that?
There is not any nice documentation with examples how to do some variation of string configuration. The manual for E682 has a lack of examples.

sck1ng

Apprentice elf
You should see if you can upgrade your firmware to version 4 as it's much easier to configure and make changes like that.

sck1ng

Apprentice elf
You can get firmware v4 from their website. http://www.sandevices.com/downloads.html

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
I agree, you need to update your firmware. All of the instructions to do so are in the 682 pdf file at SanDevices. Once you have done that, add another post and I will try to walk you through the process.
John

petulka77

New elf
Thanks guys. I have found a workaround using other controller.
But I agree to firmware update.
Thank you for the info.