Howdy from Logan City

mhthomas

New elf
Ive been thinking about this for ages now and i would love to set up our christmas lights with some animation this year but I'm not sure where to start any thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanks all :) Mitch

dale82

Senior elf
Welcome To ACL Mitch, Great to see another QLD'er in here. I would download the 101 manual and have a browse through it. The possibilities are only as big as your imagination. Before you know it you'll be an addict just like the rest of us :D

mhthomas

New elf
Thanks all, i just got a copy of the 101 booklet and I'm sure after i digest this tonight ill be back with more questions. Thank you

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Mitch

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL you will find lots of info and help here, all which will seem a little overwhelming at first, but if you keep at it and ask the right questions and read the 101 manual you will then start to understand and then you will be infected with the CLAP (Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem)

mhthomas

New elf
Hi all,

I have read the 101 Manual and now am ver confused. @ Gerry, I do have a reasonable QTY of lights from Big W etc and would like to include these. From what i have read am i right in thinking that a DC controller would be best for this? I am not sure but don't know which way to go. I have downloaded the trial versions of the softwares from LOR, Vixen and Lights Pro, and am in the process of watching the You Tube vids on how to use to see which is going to be easier for me to get into. I am thinking that i will probably go with the Vixen as its free to see what i can do. I think i would like to run around 50 channels for my first year which probably covers off most of the lights that i currently have and those on order.LOL but i do want something with the possibility of easy expansion. Should i stay with Vixen and go for the DC controller or just buy LOR soft and hardware. Would really appreciate any advice / previous experiences with these platforms. Thanks guys

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
You can use any DMX input DC controller with all of the sequencing software. Just keep in mind that to use DMX hardware with LOR software you'll need to buy the advanced version.