I want this for Halloween

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I think there is a few there synced together doesn't seem to be any distortion around the corners

Superman

Global moderator
The software is a bit pricey for what he did, But projector itself is a fairly standard wide screen one. so this is very achievable for snow on a house maybe.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I've seen this sort of thing done with one or (more commonly) more projectors. There's some really cool software that does the edge blending too. One problem with doing multiple surfaces with one projector is that you may not be able to achieve a good focus if they are too far apart, or on too much of an angle to the projector.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I wonder how bright it actually is or is the camera making it look brighter than what it would really appear in real life. I think one very important thing here is the colour of the surface he is projecting on which is white so would allow for doing projection a lot easier. I do love the idea of projection and would love to eventually incorporate it in my display

shiner

New elf
In the comments on one of the videos, he indicated "DAZ3D for the animated characters and Serif MoviePlus" for the video edit.

Not sure how those go together - but I agree, that is awesome!

Superman

Global moderator
I had a bit of a look at all those, looks like that's what he uses for the actual animation but not for the projection. That would require 3d projection software

joekin

Apprentice elf
first thing you need to do is find time to program such a thing. One thing this guy has suggested is rip up all you lawn and lay rock down, that way you no longer need to mow plus it is a free secruity system as you know when someone enters your property. lol