Images and AVI's for LSP Macros and Transitions

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
This is an excellent idea and one that will just help make the use of LSP that much better.

I agree low reolution and there is no need for anything really over 15 frames per second, you may need to play around with the frames rates because trying to do a transition with 15 frames per second with a 15 frames per second video then i wonder if there would be any frame rate sync issues. Have a play and see how theyn look, but awsome idea. :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I was ask how to do nutcracker style spirals in LSP without using nutcracker, so i whipped up this spiral image that can be used with the shifter macro to scroll the image upwards to create a 3 colour spiral effect on a tree. I havent tested this, but give it a go and see how it works, i havent played at all with it, just drew it up and offering for others to play with.
[attachimg=1]

Attachments

• Spiral.JPG
    Spiral.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 403

remoteutah

Full time elf
Trying to setup a Dropbox folder to share the LSP_Transitions I am working on. But with no chat or guinea pigs, it is hard to see if it is working or not. Tis okay, getting tired... Not complaining, eddy.

twooly

New elf
You can just get the link from the dropbox website to the folder you want to share and post it here. That way people don't have to be connected directly using their email.

remoteutah

Full time elf
Just a quick update... I am having mixed results with this project. I will put a bit more time in with it this week, as Tamster goes back to nights this week. Weather has started getting nice here, so spring fever is kinda infecting us.

Proshow Producer: I am thinking this might be too much for LSP. I cannot get the size and frame rate down to the max spec for LSP. I have tried a video converter to scale down and reduce frame rate, but when I import it in, there is nothing there???!!! I have installed Adobe Premier and will try that, as I believe I can have better control of not only the size, but also the frame rate of the output.

Sharing: I am thinking a free webhost at this point. More on this ONCE I get something that works!!!

remoteutah

Full time elf
Yet Another Update -

Ok, I figured out 1 of the 2 issues I am having with this - I welcome any input on this!

Issue 1 - the file format for LSP transitions is -> .avi file - 320x240 - 29.97 fps - 512K bitrate
(it was the 512K bitrate that had me stumped for the longest time) THIS IS SOLVED!!!

Issue 2 - My output avi file is EXACTLY the above spec. But when viewed in the LSP Transitions Preview window, it shows it with a black border ALL the way around it! (like the dimensions are too small). There is no black border on the actual avi file. So somewhere it is getting scaled... Any ideas?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
remoteutah said:
Yet Another Update -

Ok, I figured out 1 of the 2 issues I am having with this - I welcome any input on this!

Issue 1 - the file format for LSP transitions is -> .avi file - 320x240 - 29.97 fps - 512K bitrate
(it was the 512K bitrate that had me stumped for the longest time) THIS IS SOLVED!!!

Issue 2 - My output avi file is EXACTLY the above spec. But when viewed in the LSP Transitions Preview window, it shows it with a black border ALL the way around it! (like the dimensions are too small). There is no black border on the actual avi file. So somewhere it is getting scaled... Any ideas?

If there is a border all the way around the AVI then i would scale the size up of the video used and see if that removes the boarder, try 640 x 480

I have put a feature request in for auto scaling

remoteutah

Full time elf
Thank you Eddy - I think it is needed. It is really weird that the avi's in the LSP transitions folder all say 320x240 and yet don't suffer this problem. Even tried zooming the original output to make sure there were no black frames being generated there.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
remoteutah said:
Thank you Eddy - I think it is needed. It is really weird that the avi's in the LSP transitions folder all say 320x240 and yet don't suffer this problem. Even tried zooming the original output to make sure there were no black frames being generated there.

It will scale down a larger video file but it will only scale down keeping the same aspect ratio, so if you have 320 x 240 then go to 640 x 480 and it should remove the edges

Seems like it wont scale up. So what i would like to see is what ever video you drop in will be scaled to fit the window and the aspect ratio.

scuba

New elf
dd
I'm a bit confused on how to use the .jpg files. The .AVI I get, but how do you use the .JPG files in the sequence?
John

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
scuba said:
dd
I'm a bit confused on how to use the .jpg files. The .AVI I get, but how do you use the .JPG files in the sequence?
John

you can use the jpgs with the image and rotozoom macros

angus40

Senior elf
I am curious about avi files for lsp .
I can export my effects in avi format .
What requirement does lsp have with these type of files ?
For example > is there a size limit ?

burner

Full time elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
I was ask how to do nutcracker style spirals in LSP without using nutcracker, so i whipped up this spiral image that can be used with the shifter macro to scroll the image upwards to create a 3 colour spiral effect on a tree. I havent tested this, but give it a go and see how it works, i havent played at all with it, just drew it up and offering for others to play with.
[attachimg=1]
This didn't work well for me FastEddy. I did notice however that in the V2.8 of LSP, there is a new Macro that does do something similar though. It does need more work put into it however and more slider options would be good too (i.e. spiral stack height, direction).

arw01

Full time elf
Curious what you guys use to actually MAKE a video transition? I was thinking of a black and white one that radiates out at different rates from the center, or like a pinwheel with offset bars. Some faster left right transitions etc..