In need of ideas to mount C9 pixels to my (pretty steep) roof

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
So I have a large number of these C9 pixels that are literally just a string of pixels with a cover on them. I want to run them along the ridge on my asphalt shingle roof. On my old house, I used Canny Systems ridge clips and I was happy with that, but my new roof is a 7/12 pitch. I can walk on it, but I don't like spending a lot of time up there. I've had several ideas for other ways to light the ridges on my roof, but I haven't pulled the trigger on any because I would much rather have these lights there.

Does anyone have a brilliant idea of how to make these very fast and easy to install every year? I've considered mounting them in PVC conduit and adding clips to the roof, but I can't think of a good way to mount them in the conduit. There is no amount of work or complexity that is too much to build, I'm comfortable attaching things to my roof and preventing them from leaking, I just want something I can snap up and take down easily. Also, just to complicate things a bit, we get 60MPH wind gusts at least once or twice each year while these will be up.

House Marked Up.jpg

C9 lights.jpg

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
Given that you are willing to put a hole in your roof...I think I would go with zip tied to pcv with pins on either end to brackets. That provides the following good things:
1. directional light mounting so if you want them all the same direction, easy to do.
2. Secure but quick mounting to hold position and hold in place.
3. Easy to handle as you make them all 10' or less.

Alternatively, use a strip product to hold the lights and either lie them down flat on the roof or attach them to something that can be laid on the roof. Maybe square pvc and you could hold it place with with guy rope/wire. This would allow the "anchor" side to be on the side of the roof instead of the top. Seeing this as very short pieces to the prop and then long tails tied off across the roof somewhere.

Something to try...zip tie the lights to the outside of the pipe (round or square) but run a rope through the length of pipe that will be along one edge. Then pop it open similar to how some tent poles open up. Give the rope a tug and snug it up. Tie it up and good to go. Probably still want to guy it off to another ridge or other secure prop or at least drop a bag of sand on a "ladder rung" (short piece of pvc sticking out sideways of 3 way tee).