1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Is LOR only AC option?

Discussion in 'LOR 240V AC' started by battle79, Dec 21, 2012.

1. battle79

battle79 Full Time Elf

Looking at grabbing a CTB16PC and case for $183 plus shipping. (Board made up, and enclosure only)
    I only need say 6-8 AC channels and was thinking i might just use some contactors I have lying around (electrician by trade) for the few AC rope lights I have.

Don't think I want to get into Renard as it seems like an older system and only worthwhile if your already heavily invested in it.
    Any other options I haven't come across yet?? 4 channel DMX AC contoller or something??

Regards,
    BattleElf (Wifes new conjoining of nicknames, I rather like it)

2. David_AVD

David_AVD Bite my shiny metal ass!

Find Me On:
    You could use some spare channels on a DC controller to in turn activate your contactor coils.

3. Kaden

Kaden Pixels! I need more pixels!

Honestly the LOR AC dimmers are the cheapest (non-DIY) AC dimmers you can buy.

There are 4ch dimmers on aliexpress that are pretty decent at around the $100 mark delivered.

Also Ray has 12ch switches (on/off - no dimming) for around $180 delivered.

But when it comes down to it 16ch LOR/DMX dimmer for say $250 (I saw in another thread somewhere) is great value for controlling 240v.

4. Blickensderfer

Blickensderfer Ohio, USA

Find Me On:
    For a nice DIY AC controller, I use 10 Lynx Express Controllers. They are a 16 channel DMX controller that supports both 110v 60Hz and 240v 50Hz. http://www.diylightanimation.com