IS LSP Dead

Greedy Guido

Sorry, My fault. I forgot you were an idiot.
It has been a number of years since I have had time to play with the Christmas lights (might not have time this year as it is getting close) due to fly in fly out work but I am trying to pick it up again.

Is LSP no longer available.

Did development stop.

As I have been out for so long I would have to learn it all again so maybe it is time to switch to XLights.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I have not seen/heard anything LSP related for some time, then again I'm not looking for it.
I've linked this video a few times but its a good overview of getting a display happening with xLights late in the year, it's not quite too late yet!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf7uLhUObAk

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Not sure if LSP is dead, but it's definitely on life support... First time I've heard it mentioned in years. Majority of the community here uses xLights. You'll find plenty of help if needed. Welcome back to the hobby!

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Lsp is definitely dead. They were rewriting it but gave up about 2 years ago. They lost their user base because it all took too long and didn’t offer enough more than you can get for free in other products.

Greedy Guido

Sorry, My fault. I forgot you were an idiot.
Well looks like it is XLights. Is this a modern version of nutcracker with a full interface.

I use to use Nutcracker to make some of my sequences and paste them into LSP.

i13

Dedicated elf
All of the old Nutcracker effects are included in today's xLights sequencer. Nutcracker and the old xLights scheduler were merged and then developed into today's xLights. xSchedule is a newer scheduler that is now available on Windows computers. Like LSP, I have not seen the old Nutcracker mentioned for a long time. I copied Nutcracker effects into Vixen 2.1 when I had just a few pixels in 2014.