Is there interest in a "Big' Mini somewhere in Australia in 2017..

multicast

Senior elf
ryanschristmaslights said:
Remember we're all here because we enjoy and want to learn about Christmas lighting, we're a community not a business; for most this is a hobby and not a professional endeavour :) (although we may act like it is when we spot an error with our own shows and become dissatisfied until we can fix it)

Hense why the costs would only be what they are. If it was a buisness and trying to make a profit you'd be charged several thousand dollars.

You also have to consider that people who have attended may wish to rewatch something for numerous reasons. Yes there are expenses to pay, and paying attendees wouldn't miss out on anything whereas viewers of the video would (no interactive component, having to wait longer, etc as I have already mentioned). It could be a great resource so it would be a shame to not enable it to be useful outside of just the weekend.

Considered.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Re: Is there interest in a "Big' Mini somewhere in Australia in 2017..

Just in case people are reading between the lines that this 'world expert' is me ... It definitely isn't.

tooms

12v4life
If I upgraded from a mini to more, shouldn't it be a mega?

I think your event should be a "mega mini'

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Re: Is there interest in a "Big' Mini somewhere in Australia in 2017..

keithsw1111 said:
Just in case people are reading between the lines that this 'world expert' is me ... It definitely isn't.

I think otherwise :D you are an expert and programmer of X-lights and a damn good one at that and I know first hand of the talent and motivations you have.
So reality is if you are OK to do some training classes at the Sydney mini then we have a world expert without the costs that this other world expert may have due to travel.
The world expert may still be a good option for other states or even better team up and call the Sydney mini the Mega Mini :eek: ;) :D

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer
Eddy, Last year Keith did an XLights session with us at the mini and it was invaluable. With the growth of XLights and more education videos out there I cant see myself paying for another expert to come out from the states to show us what Keith can every Friday night zoom session.

If I was to pay for anything it would be for Lillia to show me in more depth on layering effects. She does an absolutely fantastic job with her sequences.

If i was to pay for such training... I would need it recorded to go back on for reference... so many times have i paid for training and then completely forgot as soon as i walk out the door.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
TByrne said:
If I was to pay for anything it would be for Lillia to show me in more depth on layering effects. She does an absolutely fantastic job with her sequences.

I agree. Keiths xLights presentation made me realise just how poor my old sequencer really was - I downloaded xLights at the Mini and have not opened LSP since. Lillia (and maybe Ron) would be the only ones I would pay to see do a demo, even a 1 hour online tutorial for $50 or so.

Keith has done so much in Australia for the xLights community and I think he is an expert and does not know it himself :)