J1SYS Product Matrix - Easy Reference for Controller Selection

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Hi Ed,

I am looking to order 4x ECG-P2 and 2x ECG-D2, how do I go about that?

- Kaden

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
all orders via email. if you've ordered before i should have your address on file. if not, or anyway, please include shipping info. i will prepare an invoice PDF and email to you for your approval/payment via paypal.

-Ed

j1sys

and don't forget to spec whether you want cases. i'll ask FE to add case prices to matrix. i'll try to get my website updated asap, but up to eyeballs testing incoming stock.

bdeditch

Full time elf
AussiePhil said:
Kane said:
ShellNZ said:
If you grab a network switch you can plug both Cat5 cables in and have internet and board at the same time. They generally come e.g 5 or 8 ports so you can continue to add more boards :)
Just as a followup to this - you'll want to make sure that the j1sys device is set to the same subnet as your internet router - given the default subnet is 10.10.10.*, but most routers use 192.168.*.*, you'll usually need to change one or the other so they match (and it's usually easiest to change the j1sys device)

(alternatively, you can setup your network card to have multiple IP addresses, but probably best to keep it simple!)

:)

and with the new UBL you can now just plug it into a USB port and configure the IP

What do you mean by the UBL?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
bdeditch said:
AussiePhil said:
Kane said:
ShellNZ said:
If you grab a network switch you can plug both Cat5 cables in and have internet and board at the same time. They generally come e.g 5 or 8 ports so you can continue to add more boards :)
Just as a followup to this - you'll want to make sure that the j1sys device is set to the same subnet as your internet router - given the default subnet is 10.10.10.*, but most routers use 192.168.*.*, you'll usually need to change one or the other so they match (and it's usually easiest to change the j1sys device)

(alternatively, you can setup your network card to have multiple IP addresses, but probably best to keep it simple!)

and with the new UBL you can now just plug it into a USB port and configure the IP

USB Boot Loader. This makes setting up your controller a lot easier especially when new as you do not need an IP address to do the initial setup and config.
One of the issue with many people is the initial network connection with their network, so this just makes it easier

bdeditch

Full time elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
bdeditch said:
AussiePhil said:
Kane said:
ShellNZ said:

USB Boot Loader. This makes setting up your controller a lot easier especially when new as you do not need an IP address to do the initial setup and config.
One of the issue with many people is the initial network connection with their network, so this just makes it easier

And Ed sells this? Or does it come with the unit. I just purchased one of the P12r's from him the other day.

j1sys

first correction: UBL = Universal Boot Loader

This is a combination of firmware included in all of our new (and most old) devices. Along with it is a UBL application that currently only runs in a Windows environment.

With the UBL the user can user Ethernet, USB, or serial cable to access the bootloader in our devices. This allows downloading new application software and configration of the Ethernet parameters (where applicable) and other configurations for all devices.

Please view the vidoes that Phil and I have posted elsewhere in the forum.

-Ed

bdeditch

Full time elf
j1sys said:
first correction: UBL = Universal Boot Loader

This is a combination of firmware included in all of our new (and most old) devices. Along with it is a UBL application that currently only runs in a Windows environment.

With the UBL the user can user Ethernet, USB, or serial cable to access the bootloader in our devices. This allows downloading new application software and configration of the Ethernet parameters (where applicable) and other configurations for all devices.

Please view the vidoes that Phil and I have posted elsewhere in the forum.

-Ed

Phil where did you hide that Video :-[

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
j1sys said:
all orders via email. if you've ordered before i should have your address on file. if not, or anyway, please include shipping info. i will prepare an invoice PDF and email to you for your approval/payment via paypal.

Ed: did you get my email order? I haven't heard back from you yet.

j1sys

kaden et al -

i had some personal things that took over my weekend. working on all invoices today. should arrive soon. cleaning up some initial release code for uDCG-P2 today and finishing up panel for ECG-D2/P2 cases. everything looking good to start shipping mid-week.

-Ed