JDeation mounting plates

bpratt

Senior elf
For those that haven't come across this site yet, it is a good one to get on to so that you can give your controller boxes a more professional internals.

http://www.jdeation.com

The only catch is that it is USA centric, so the additional hardware you need to get, it all in non-metric sizes, and items that don't have much of a description to go by. :(

BTW, the Budbox 32026 is the same as the DSE hibox you can get over here from places like switchesplus

So if anyone can convert these in to something I can get hold over here, then I'd be appreciated. :)

The following pieces of hardware are required for assembly of Mounting Plate.
Most parts are available at home depot - all are available online.

• Qty: 8 - #10 K Lock Nut
    • Qty: 16 - 4-40 Standoff
    • Qty: 16 - 4-40 K Lock Nut
    • Qty: 16 - 4-40 PCB Screw
    • Qty: 32 - #8 Washer
    • Qty: 16 - #8 K Lock Nut
    • Qty: 4 - #10 Self Taping 1/2 in
    • Qty: 8 - #8 3 in Bolt
    • Qty: 4 - #10 Bolt 5 in
    • Qty: 4 - 4 in Spacer
    Qty: 12
    - 4-40 Standoff
  • Qty: 4 - #6 Self Tapping 1/2 in
  • Qty: 3 - #8 3 in Bolt
  • Qty: 3 - 3 in Spacer

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Stacking power supplies is even scarier than putting them into reasonably well sealed boxes. If you do stack power supplies then make sure that you ventilate them really well especially in Aus where we commonly have 30-40C ambient temps around Christmas.

bpratt

Senior elf
Oh most definately, already looking at putting in at least one 80mm fan up at the upper part of the box, and an inlet vent in down the bottom of similar size.

Danno

Apprentice elf
I love the JDeation site, it's very handy indeed! I went to a local store here in Perth to get some polycarbonate cut to the dimension of the Jdeation plates and then used a coping saw to cut to the right shape.
I simplified the mounting process significantly by not bothering with the removable or stacked power supplies, wasn't sure in the value in trying to build it given the power supplies are very rarely swapped out. I had the space available, so I put them side by side on the base plate.

For the double-decker screws to support the top board, I used m4 screws, 80 mm in length (bought online here - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/M4-4-100mm-Pan-Head-Phillips-Screws-Machine-Screws-Bolts-G304-Stainless-Steel/273041430021?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=572284987463&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 ), everything else is regualr M4's for power supplies and m3 for componenets.

Finished products:

B2mnHgz.jpg

yobgLRG.jpg

(I'm planning on putting fans at the top - just waiting on those to be delivered) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AAH

bpratt

Senior elf
I simplified the mounting process significantly by not bothering with the removable or stacked power supplies, wasn't sure in the value in trying to build it given the power supplies are very rarely swapped out. I had the space available, so I put them side by side on the base plate.

For the double-decker screws to support the top board, I used m4 screws, 80 mm in length

I'll be using the HP server supplies, so I'm not sure how to secure them like the Meanwell PSU's , so have cut up the acrylic sheet to make those clamping mounts.

The design indicates 5 inch (125mm) bolts to go in, rather than the 80mm you are using.

So what did you use for standoff's ? .... or did you just use extra nuts to make that spacing ?

Thanks.

Danno

Apprentice elf
The guide did suggest 125mm bolts (and I did end up buying some), but when you don't have the removal power supplies, it's unnecessary. 80mm still gives good clearance between the base plate and the 2nd level. This also gives you more clearance for cables on the top level between the top plate and the closed lid.

For the stand-offs, I just used some screws like so..
KD3MGVx.jpg

bpratt

Senior elf
ah, thank you.

That's what I was thinking, sandwiching the upper board between two lots of nuts to keep the spacing, instead of spacer per se.

Still waiting for my HP server supplies to show up to see if they are any if much higher than a Meanwell that pretty much everyone uses here.