Just for Ryan - "World's Best" Christmas Lights (messages on hold)

Dave

Full time elf
This thread should be locked so no one else talks about him.....

Mike

CLAP infected!
Dont even get me started on this bloke.
He's wrote the book on ambush marketing (literally) Down to paying kids at the footy $20 to wave his stupid foam fingers behind the goals.

A person who visited our display went up the night before and they said there was only about 5 or so cars in the street at about 8:30pm and about 20 -30 people tops watching the display.

He is the reason I scrapped my gangnam style mashup I was going to use. I didnt want to be seen "copying" what HE done.

Dave BTW I liked your little plug on PerthNow in the comments for your display, hope it worked for you ;)

kane

Dedicated elf
Mike said:
Dont even get me started on this bloke.
He's wrote the book on ambush marketing (literally) Down to paying kids at the footy $20 to wave his stupid foam fingers behind the goals.

A person who visited our display went up the night before and they said there was only about 5 or so cars in the street at about 8:30pm and about 20 -30 people tops watching the display.

He is the reason I scrapped my gangnam style mashup I was going to use. I didnt want to be seen "copying" what HE done.

Dave BTW I liked your little plug on PerthNow in the comments for your display, hope it worked for you ;)
As much as I agree with all the comments, he's a pretty smart fella. And if someone makes a comment about him just trying to market his business, he never disputes it.

Nearly a million hits, with the MOH logo shown the whole time... If I was in the need for some marketing, I'd probably speak to the guy!

I was reading one of his sites where he's estimated that over the years, he's got about $1m of free advertising with his ambush tactics.. That's pretty smart stuff, even if it has hijacked our hobby!

That being said, I'm getting 4-5 people every night ask about "the gangham style house that got shut down", to which I just groan and say "Nope, he wasn't shutdown - he's got his exposure, and even more exposure now he's shut it down"... getting sick of saying the same story, so maybe I should make up a completely false story and see how that goes..

penguineer

Full time elf
Kane said:
8<------ getting sick of saying the same story, so maybe I should make up a completely false story and see how that goes..

Investigated by the RSPCA - turns out his "helpers" flicking the light switches were really monkeys in elf suits and he was feeding them magic candy canes and not bananas?

NASA ordered Gangnam shutdown due to suspected targetting by North Korean rocket launch?

Power company disconnection as his neighbours were running their solar panels at night?

Others?

Cheers!