1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Kogan Christmas Lights

Discussion in 'Christmas Light Shopping Bargains' started by Pircy, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Pircy

Pircy Full Time Elf

Hi All
    I was just looking up christmas lights when at the top of the page Kogan Christmas Lights popped up. These are purchased through the Kogan website. The link is http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/christmas-led-fairy-lights-20m-red/?gclid=CL202-3cvbMCFUhLpgodeU4AsQ
    It does not say how many leds are in a string, but describes it as a 20m string so I'm thinking there would be at least 200 leds (I could be, and am often wrong - ask my wife!!!!) They have an IP44 rating. At the $9 sale price, they only have red and gold but since I have not seen and red this season at the major outlets I may buy a few strings. They have both colours in stock, and freight is standard across Australia at $6 per string. There does not seem to be any discount for purchasing multiple strings.
    The strings come with a standard 1 year warranty.

2. David_AVD

David_AVD Bite my shiny metal ass!

Find Me On:
    My gut feeling is that I would stay away from those lights. It's not clear if they are 240V direct or via a transformer so I don't think I'd be game to use them.

3. Slite

Slite Full Time Elf

I'm with David on this one, they look like the "standard" chinese fairy strings that you can pick up for about a dollar a string usually with free shipping from places like Aliexpress and DHGate.

They tend to rust pretty badly after a while outside, especially if it's high humidity.

Specs say 230-240V and 8 modes of controll, possibly you can bypass the controllbox and use them with a AC controller, but then it would be better to pick up a bunch of strings direct from China instead.

4. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    My exact same thoughts and I would hate to put those things running at 240v out in my yard and hope it doesnt rain so the RCD (GFCI) doesnt trip