Kulp K40D-PB - has anyone purchased and what are you experiences?

Danielr

Lights On Botanical
Generous elf
Total newbie here. I have the Kulp 32A-B, as well as the Si4713 FM transmitter. The light show is turning out fantastic. But The FM transmission is *VERY* weak (like I can hear it in the driveway, but at the street, it is static), so I am taking the advice to use a CZE-05B. The manual for the Kulp 16 shows an audio output jack...however, I am not seeing the same thing on my Kulp 32. Am I missing something obvious?
There is an audio jack near where the OLED screen goes. You will see a barrel connector there for a 3.5mm AUX cable which I then run to and amp. For the FM you also need to try different values in FPP for the Antenna Tuning Capacitor setting when setting up the Si4713. I think I had 70 set, I don't use FM anymore as I don't want to encourage cars to park in the front of the house as the block all the good views.

zshenry

New elf
Ha! Yes! It was being hidden by the Si4713 transmitter! Removed that and am now using the jack to my CZE-05B. Thanks! Since you don't use FM anymore, what do you use to play your music?

Danielr

Lights On Botanical
Generous elf
Ha! Yes! It was being hidden by the Si4713 transmitter! Removed that and am now using the jack to my CZE-05B. Thanks! Since you don't use FM anymore, what do you use to play your music?
Speakers. I have an aux splitter. One goes to a party speaker and the other goes to a mini amp which then goes to two passive speakers

fabiorcosta

New elf
Newbie here as well. Acquired k40D-PB with 1 smart receiver to start.
but struggling how I can connect an audio interface to it. Any guess?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
For the K40D-PB, you'll need to attach a USB Sound Card to it if you intend to use it to play audio. You would probably want to run it via a powered USB hub so that you can connect your ethernet adaptor too, as the PocketBeagle only has a single USB port available

fabiorcosta

New elf
For the K40D-PB, you'll need to attach a USB Sound Card to it if you intend to use it to play audio. You would probably want to run it via a powered USB hub so that you can connect your ethernet adaptor too, as the PocketBeagle only has a single USB port available
Got you. Same to Wi-Fi. Usb powered hub with Wi-Fi adapter and USB sound card. Any driver needs to be installed ?

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Got you. Same to Wi-Fi. Usb powered hub with Wi-Fi adapter and USB sound card. Any driver needs to be installed ?
Stick with popular options, like Sound Blaster, and the driver is there already.

Come to think of it, I got the sound and network adapters from the vendor that sold the K40, and they worked quite easily, so that may be a good approach. Or at least get the same one those vendors sell.