l don't get it

bigvic

New elf
l don't get it, constantly l hear about guys asking were to get strings of lights from , and u all persist in buying crap lights from big w , kmart or target when many times several of us have posted contacts and web address's of suppliers from china, l have bought many sets from there as has dave from perth and also brad from melb, they have a quality a hell of a lot better than ones available here, at about $6 per set plus postage, l don't give a stuff nor do l care what the voltages and/or curents are across each color led all l know is that l order any number of leds per string , tell them what voltage l will be running and mysolarled.com will make the strings to suit my requirements.
Last year l bought 150 sets of 50 and 100 led strings, on the average they cost me about $9 per set including shipping and thats when our dollar war 85cents. So once again the company is mysolarled.com and the contact is kelly and they don't only manufacture led string, the also have net , led fireworks, curtains and more.But it may be too late for this year as it takes them about 4 weeks to deliver
I have just recently bought 20 off rainshower or comet trail tube for $9 inc shipping each from a company in china, here l have seen them for $19 each , just google rain shower and they will come up.

kane

Dedicated elf
bigvic said:
l don't get it, constantly l hear about guys asking were to get strings of lights from , and u all persist in buying crap lights from big w , kmart or target when many times several of us have posted contacts and web address's of suppliers from china, l have bought many sets from there as has dave from perth and also brad from melb, they have a quality a hell of a lot better than ones available here, at about $6 per set plus postage, l don't give a stuff nor do l care what the voltages and/or curents are across each color led all l know is that l order any number of leds per string , tell them what voltage l will be running and mysolarled.com will make the strings to suit my requirements.
I think some people are just more comfortable with walking into a bricks and mortar shop and buying their LEDs..

I also got 18,000 odd leds (about 100 odd strings) from Kelly @My Solar LED earlier on this year, and very happy with them. Even happier that I could pay a little more, and have waterproof connectors supplied and connected up, ready to go. Saved me 200 odd solder joints!

DougieB

Full time elf
Hi Big Vic and Kane
I am about to place an order with My Solar and Kane mentioned water proof connections. Do you specify the connectors or is it part of the deal
Please Help
Doug

kane

Dedicated elf
DougieB said:
Hi Big Vic and Kane
I am about to place an order with My Solar and Kane mentioned water proof connections. Do you specify the connectors or is it part of the deal
Please Help
Doug
I just asked him about them (I sent a photo of an example connector), and he said no worries - he sourced the connectors, and had them connected when the strings were made up. He also supplied the other side for each connector.

Definately worth doing!

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi guys,

Do you know if they have a minimum order value. You should see the choices over here in NZ even less and twice the price, $49.99 for a 200 white string phew!!

Kev :)

kane

Dedicated elf
kevr said:
Do you know if they have a minimum order value. You should see the choices over here in NZ even less and twice the price, $49.99 for a 200 white string phew!!

I think his normal alibaba site lists a minimum order level of 100 sets, but when I spoke to him, he didn't mention anything about it. (I think I got 93 sets).

Best to contact him, tell him what you want, and see what the total price (including shipping) comes in as.. May not be so cheap for small orders - not sure!

Cheers

Kane

kane

Dedicated elf
DougieB said:
Hi Kane
do you have and example of the connector you asked for??
Thanks
Doug

Here is the pic he sent me of them - to let me know the polarity, as they are not color coded. (the positive lead was tinned) Every single string (93 odd) was connected correctly, so pretty impressive

These are a bit bigger (and thicker wire) than the 2-core ones from Ray Wu, by the way.

Cheers
Kane

mysolarled_connector.jpg

Daemon

Apprentice elf
To help you 'get it' bigvic part of the reason people ask is that they do not want to buy 150 sets plus the enormous cost of shipping to get them here and then resell the rest.
I have no intention of buying kmart, or big whatever lights. The only reason I asked if anyone had any suggestions for cheap lights is because I was hoping someone was thinking about buying some and we could pool our resources and import some.

Kind of like a group buy.

Not everyone can afford to buy 150 sets of lights plus mega bucks for postage.

If someone is thinking about placing an order though, I would be interested in adding some quantity to it, who knows we may even get it cheaper in bulk.
I know myself and kev from NZ are keen to get some, so there is a starter.

I would have thought one of the reasons we joined sites like this would be so we could bulk buy these things.

Cheers
Steve

bigvic

New elf
daemon , when we put our order in to china l made the offer for others to come in on the buy, but l got canned for it , do l have specs or photo's or other stuff so thought stuff the lot of them and did it on my own. as mentioned each 100 led string worked out to be $9 per string when the dollar was at 85cent. Next year l will be doing another order so l will post again and see what happens

Daemon

Apprentice elf
Well I for one wont can you for it. It just makes good sense to me.
Will keep my eyes peeled for the next time.

Steve

Dave

Full time elf
Just so nobody offends Kelly.....he is a she....Kelly being a girl that is.

Dave

Timon

Apprentice elf
What options do they give on the strings? I'm looking for 12 strings that I can power off of the lost cost DMX controllers that one can get through Holiday Coro.

So far I have not found his store on Alibaba but I'm still looking. Can someone post a link?

Not to be dumb but from his site "rest paid before delivery by T/T or Western Union" What is T/T? ???

What I, and I'm sure others, would love to find are RGBs, both dumb strings and pixel versions, in the M5 style holder so they would fix all of the standard clips that are used and fit in the Holiday Coro panels. I know that's not going to be easy to do but I'd even take them if the case was a bit larger as long as the bulb size stayed the same.