LED rope light for wire frames

Nath_From_NT

Apprentice elf
Hello all,

I have some wire frames which I made a few years ago that currently have 240V rope light on them. I'm trying to get away from 240V and use LED's instead.

Ray Wu has 2 wire rope light cheap but the shipping is horendous. Does anyone have any info on a local supplier (In Oz) that won't cost a fortune. I only want to use the wire frames this year and maybe next to fill in some gaps until I get some free time (and money) to make something pixel based like wheels, arches etc.

Cheers,

Nathan

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Over the last couple of years I have bought about 300 meters of 2 wire, some 4 wire and a lot of 5 wire ropelight from Eddie and he stands by his products, and I highly recommend him

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
lithgowlights said:
Over the last couple of years I have bought about 300 meters of 2 wire, some 4 wire and a lot of 5 wire ropelight from Eddie and he stands by his products, and I highly recommend him

and that Eddie is not me

Nath_From_NT

Apprentice elf
Thanks guys,

It all looks good, but when I put in 100 metres at $6 dollars a metre and get $600 plus postage, I get a flash of my wife shaking her head and banning me from touching the bank account.

I think I'll just stick with the 240V for this year and get to work on something for next year. I'm sure the quality is good, hence the price, but I think I'd rather spend that money on RGB stuff or pixels. I just wish there was something in that area I could use on wire frames because I hate to throw things out, especially when I made them.

Thanks again for the quick responses.

Nathan