LightShow Pro ON SALE

westy27

Apprentice elf
Just stabled upon this, and thought i would let anyone who was looking at buying LSP 2.5 that LSP now has there summer sale on, up to 50% off with 1 year free upgrades.

Basic Version NOW $69
Advanced Version NOW $149
Professional Version NOW $229 (2 years worth of upgrades)

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
Hmmm very attractive. I have just been thinking that I need to get LSP for this year. Now that it is on sale it certainly makes it affordable.
However, as Alan said, will 2.5 be released while its on sale or does that mean that you will get the upgrade as soon as it is. Also. Is it worthwhile downloading the V2 demo to play with before going to 2.5 or is there too much change?

DougieB

Full time elf
Piper
the issue with LSP's demo is it is time based, so after 30 days you don't get to play with it. May not be an issue but if you do not get the time, bad luck. I downloaded the trial and then spent 2 weeks in hospital. never got much of a play.
As Westy says, if you buy any version you get 1 years free upgrades, the pro version gives you 2 years. So when 2.5 comes out, it is yours

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I would believe being a 2.5 version upgrade as apposed to a 3.0 upgrade that if you buy now you will recieve the upgrade for free. I would post this question over at LSP if i were you and at least get the answer directly from David at LSP

westy27

Apprentice elf
All,

Quoted from the LSP Website

Dazzle your visitors this year with an amazing holiday light show!Now is the time to get in at a discount rate and be prepared for the holiday season!Get all of LightShow Pro's Advanced features at great prices! with capabilities you can grow into!The Summer sale is now through 7/31/2012 offers discount prices on all versions of LightShow Pro to new customers!Recieve free upgrades for a year including the new release v2.5 (Releases this summer!)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The discounted price that westy quoted seems to have gone. Some may blame it on the regular crashes of lsp.
The discounted prices now showing on the lsp site are $99, $249 and $399.
Inflation seems to be going up more than LSP memory usage.
If the price does drop back to the original sale price I'll have to grab it though.

richardd

Full time elf
I sent an message and I got the following reply from David

"Hi Richard,
sorry for the confusion.
we had to pull the sale while we fix a software issue.
the sale will be back this week sometime and will last through july 31"

BillInSoFL

Apprentice elf
Is 2.5 the current version? I plan on buying Pro and would like to make sure I get 3.0 when it comes out. If that's the case I'd definitely buy before the end of July. I'll consider it a little birthday gift.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
BillInSoFL said:
Is 2.5 the current version? I plan on buying Pro and would like to make sure I get 3.0 when it comes out. If that's the case I'd definitely buy before the end of July. I'll consider it a little birthday gift.

2.5 is not yet released but is currently in beta. So 2.5 will be the new version which should be a July release

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
BillInSoFL said:
Thanx. I've bookmarked the link and set a calendar appointment. I plan to buy LSP Pro before the sale ends.

Are you thinking the same as me, I plan to buy LSP on the last (or second last) day of the sale to draw out the free upgrade period by one month?

BillInSoFL

Apprentice elf
I plan on buying close to the end because I won't start using LSP until later in the year. No point in paying for it earlier than I need to :p If you get Pro you get 2 years of upgrades, right?? I'd think you should be good for some time.