LightShow Pro ON SALE

richardd

Full time elf
Bird said:
Kaden said:
It is shame because I was very excited about LSP.

I agree, at the sale price I was considering getting LSP to have a look at it and see if I liked it any better.

I agree, I wanted to give LSP a try and if I had my credit card on me I would have been able to buy it. I have an advance copy of S3 so I guess I will use it.

I'm believe David reads theses forum -- to you I just had to say you had a good opportunity to get quite a few s3 user but I think you missed it...

BillInSoFL

Apprentice elf
AAH said:
I think I read somewhere something about "bait and switch". It's been said that it wasn't but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck. If this is LSP's business model then I'm going to seriously consider never switching regardless of any benefits that are purported to exist.

Exactly. That's basically what I told them in my email. I spend thousands of dollars on my display each and every year. I need support from a software company I can depend on. This doesn't give me much confidence in their sales or support model and unless they are going to honor the previously advertised sale price then I'm going to consider other vendors. I planned on buying LSP Pro, but will only do so if they get their act together.

I work for a software company. I don't care what issues you are having in-house. Deal with it, but don't drag potential customers through the mud while you do. I will post their reply once I get it so you can judge for yourselves.

BillInSoFL

Apprentice elf
BillInSoFL said:
AAH said:
I think I read somewhere something about "bait and switch". It's been said that it wasn't but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck. If this is LSP's business model then I'm going to seriously consider never switching regardless of any benefits that are purported to exist.

Exactly. That's basically what I told them in my email. I spend thousands of dollars on my display each and every year. I need support from a software company I can depend on. This doesn't give me much confidence in their sales or support model and unless they are going to honor the previously advertised sale price then I'm going to consider other vendors. I planned on buying LSP Pro, but will only do so if they get their act together.

I work for a software company. I don't care what issues you are having in-house. Deal with it, but don't drag potential customers through the mud while you do. I will post their reply once I get it so you can judge for yourselves.

Here's the message I got back. Pretty lame reply actually.

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 8:37 PM, David Johnson <lightshowpro@me.com> wrote:
> I apologize for the inconvenience.
> at this time I am unable to share any information around the reason that the
> promotional price was redacted only that it is something that I was
> contractually obligated to do.
>
> The v2.5 release is scheduled for august 1st and I can not provide any
> insight as to whether the sale will be back this season or not.
>
> David Johnson
> GraphxPros / LightShow Pro
> "Incredible Lighting Displays Made Simple"

I replied again to see if they'll give me the sale pricing but if not I'll be looking for another vendor. Clearly the guys who make LSP don't care about the community.

neilric99

Full time elf
IMHO I think LightshowPro is already at a great price and really doesn't need to be discounted. The market for their software is going to limited to a limited set of people, and has you said 'I spend thousands on the my display every year' which without the right software it is not going to work.

The likes of LOR make their money by selling you hardware and the software is just something they do to make your displays look good, so they can easily discount there software as it will sell more hardware.

anyone can discount the software costs if it enables them to sell you something else or they can sell thousands of licenses.

If you choose not to buy LightshowPro because you can't get it at a discount then you are not the right customer anyway.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I think that you'll find that both Bill and I are objected to their business practice of offering a cheap price and then after 24 hrs of having the burly in the water they've pulled the price and really haven't given any plausible explanation as to why the price couldn't be kept at the sale price.

If you choose not to buy LightshowPro because you can't get it at a discount then you are not the right customer anyway.

We are not the right customers not because the price isn't cheap but because LSP is not offering the price that they originally offered. There are other software alternatives out there with LOR being just 1 of them and no other company mucks around their potential customers like LSP has been doing.

I will come out and say it right now. If LSP doesn't match their original sale price on 1st of August when 2.5 is launched then I will never ever purchase LSP.

neilric99

Full time elf
I am with you on that, that is not good business practice to say you are going have sale then cancel it. I am sure LSP had a good reason for needing to cancel the sale and contractual obligations should have been thought through before offering the sale.

BillInSoFL

Apprentice elf
Then tell me the contractual obligations I'm not an idiot. From the outside it looks like the Developer (don't they develop the software?) decided the price was too low and didn't want to honer it. The site currently has everything listed at a $50 discount. BIG DEAL.

I am the right customer because I pay for quality. I have Madrix Professional, which costs several times that of LSP, so I think I'm willing to pay for software. LSP was going to be an add-on to my existing Madrix implementation. I'm not going to pay for software when a company doesn't stand behind their word and when asked privately if they would extend that sale price to me that was the response I got. I replied again so we'll see but at this point it's doubtful. I suppose they'd rather have a tarnished reputation and bad reviews (another sign of a shady company).

Regardless how good the software is I'm not really certain I would buy it now given their evolving business practices. There are other options. Since I've never owned LSP or Vixen or whatever I can pick and choose at this point.

I am HoHoHoed off though because I was looking forward to using LSP. If this issue isn't resolved I will be posting messages in the various blogs telling people to be sure they know a little more about that company and how they treat customers before investing a few hundred dollars in a software product.

Bird

LOR user
neil said:

I feel all of us reading these and other similar forums are the right customers. Myself and many of us that were considering purchasing LSP at the sale price already have a software program that we have a substantial investment in to support our shows. Some already have multiple programs for their shows. As we all know, this is not a cheap hobby, therefore, when we are told we can get a competitive software package at a nice discount, we would be understandably disappointed when the sale price is mysteriously pulled.

BillInSoFL

Apprentice elf
Good news! I heard back from David and things are good now. Given the fact that he's taken time out of his Sunday to reply (and I pretty short order) shows he is committed and his company is willing to support us.

Thanx!

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
I don't know what time it is over there, but it has to be outside business hours and David has already sent me the license key (apparently it is a manual process for this "special" offer).

My faith and excitement has been restored in this product. I'm sorry LOR - you are out :p

richardd

Full time elf
PM Sent.. I hope I can get the price also.... Given I was one of the first to send an email to David

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I've done the dirty deed and David has stepped up to the plate and looked after us. My key has been sent as well so he's burning the midnight oil I guess. Thanks both to David Johnson at LSP for coming through and also to Bill for doing some hounding.

richardd

Full time elf
I order LSP Professional version and just got the following message?

Unfortunately there was a problem processing your payment and we were unable to complete processing your order. Please contact us at support@lightshowpro.com to resolve this issue.

My Paypal transactions show it was completed. Is this because the serial number needs to be processed manually?