Long time pixel lurker, finally ready to take the plunge!

Dethedrus

New elf
Hello from horrifyingly sunny California!

I've been hemming and hawing over getting away from pre-packaged "smart" lights (the fairly limited seasonal offerings from the big box retailers like Home Depot and Lowes and more recently Twinkly) and finally taking control of my lighting for a more comprehensive and less seasonal setup. Notably something I can use for not just Christmas, but also my fairly intricate Halloween battle scenes/graveyard but also just general year round lighting options.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Hello @Dethedrus and Welcome to ACL!

As per my new member message:
Read up on the ACL 101 manual. https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/auschristmaslighting-101-manual.1889/.

- As I saw a comment on a newbie's Facebook post:
"Hope your single, rich, and have a full liquor cabinet."

Read up, study, study, plan and repeat. Make sure you know what you're wanting before you spend money!
I would diffidently look around before buying kits, much cheaper and more suited when custom made. And it's part of the fun making your own!
--------------------------------
Good to see that your ambition is just like the previous sentence in my new members introduction. I first started hacking together store bought lights then found a bright future of pixels. There is soo much to be learnt in this hobby and the innovation is continuing to grow.

Welcome to the community.