Longer range options

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I have a couple of boards for extending pixel range beyond the typical 3-10m you can get from a typical pixel controller to pixel connection.
The 2 types are my "Null" which is simply a buffer that works inline with any 3 wire pixel data and gives a fairly typical 10m or so extension of the data. The distance is dependent on the cable, how noisy the environment is and how reliable the 5V or 12V is at the Null. The board will run off 5V or 12V with no jumpers or changes in components required. It has generous sized strain relief and termination holes and it's possible to terminate the wires through the holes or mounted flat onto the pads.
The Null boards are supplied ready to solder to for $AU2.50 with discount for 9+ or 21+.
Null.jpg Nulled-back.jpg

The 2nd board is part of my HE123 range of pixel boards and it can be used with the HE123-TX or with the HE123-4T. Both of these boards change the incoming standard 281x pixel data to a balanced/differential/long range signal and allow transmission of up to a few hundred metres via Cat5E or Cat6 patch cables. The HE123-TX is a daughter board for the HE123 48 output BBB based pixel board but the HE123-4T can connect up to any source of 281x pixel data and transmit it out the the HE123-RX where there are 4 fused outputs.
HE123TX.jpgHE1234T.jpg HE123RX.jpg

http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HE123-User-Manual-V1.0.pdf

The HE123 48 output pixel board is awaiting testing once more BBB's come into stock. Once tested they will become available for $AU90 not including a BBB. The motherboard gives you 16 fused WS281x outputs and 2 daughterboard connectors to give you the full 48 channels.

ElSalZi

Full time elf
Newbie question:- would the BBB PCBs work with a RPi as well?

my limited understanding is that BBBs are interchangeable with the RPis... but that may be incorrect.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Newbie question:- would the BBB PCBs work with a RPi as well?

my limited understanding is that BBBs are interchangeable with the RPis... but that may be incorrect.
BBB and rPi are nothing like interchangeable. Both will run Falcon Player but the hardware and connections on the 2 are completely different. The BBB has 2 46 way IO headers and the Pi (later models) has 1 40 way IO header.
The HE123-4T can be used off a Pi pixel cape like rPi-28D if desired though.

Alan