Looking for LED Ropelight

Discussion in 'Computers, Cabling & Other Miscellaneous Hardware' started by stevendi, Sep 28, 2011.

1. stevendi

stevendi New Elf

I have been looking for LED Ropelight to replace my incandescants, and was hoping for some advice from members here in OZ regarding direct importing from China.
    Found plenty of suppliers who will send a sample and who will supply at a reasonable MOQ but would definitely like to save a bit of mucking around if anyone is able to point me at a decent supplier, or advise me on who to leave alone.
    Any other advice and pointers gladly accepted.

Many thanks
    Steve :)

2. Beacy

Beacy It's so much better on the dark side

A lot of us use Ray http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/search/2.html?SearchText=rope
    he's as good as any and even though he does get thing wrong from time to time will do his best. Given your spending the money it may be worth considering the RGB 5050 strip http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/209843764-329544925/5m-one-roll-5050-SMD-30LEDs-m-led-strip-waterproof-by-silicon-tubing-and-coating-RGB.html its a bit more expensive per mt but at least you only have to use 1 strip and you get any colour you want.

Or you could go real fancy and get the digital strip

3. OP
    OP
    stevendi

stevendi New Elf

Thanks for that Beacy, had a look at the site and the prices look ok. Could be the go!

Steve :D

4. bright spark

bright spark New Elf

hey buddy try these guys, www.diluled.com
    havent actually bought from them, but their prices were very good and you get connectors with it