Looking for RGB Flood

sck1ng

Apprentice elf
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for an RGB Flood that is addressable and would work with e682/e6804?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The LOR flood lights are plain DC type and require a DC controller.

The only "addressable" flood that springs to mind is the 10W 12V and 30W 24V DMX ones from Ray Wu. These have pre-assigned DMX addresses (set at time of order) or you can buy the address programmer for $50 or so.

Not sure if the E6xx controllers have a DMX output though?

sck1ng

Apprentice elf
David_AVD said:
[SIZE=78%]Not sure if the E6xx controllers have a DMX output though?[/SIZE]

Looks like they do..

• Many pixel types supported including: LPD6803, LPD880x, WS2801, TM180x, TLS3001, CYT3005, DMS9813, GE ColorEffects, WS2811, 1903, 9813, WS2811, and 1-wire native DMX pixels, - more supported pixel types than any other controller

Not sure if I understand what the difference is with DMX compared to what I am doing now with WS2811 Strips.. Could I hook up 6 dmx flood lights in series and control them separately into one of the four ports of the e6804?

Thanks for all your replies. I really appreciate it. Still learning about this stuff.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
The controller will need to have a proper DMX output on it to drive the Ray Wu floods. You might have to ask the E6xx supplier about that.

kane

Dedicated elf
David_AVD said:
The controller will need to have a proper DMX output on it to drive the Ray Wu floods. You might have to ask the E6xx supplier about that.
The e682 does have DMX output:

[quote author=sandevices_website]
Supports 2-wire balanced DMX outputs, compatible with standard wired DMX devices. Renard support coming soon[/quote]

But, the e6804 does not, as far as I can see..

bbayjohn

Senior elf
sck1ng said:
bbayjohn said:
I have 2 of these. Given they come pre wired with pigtails, they are very easy to set up and use.
http://store.lightorama.com/rgbfl10wa.html

Will they work with an e6804? or only LOR's controller?
Yea sorry missed the e6804 part of your post.
Something like a DC2811 board from AAH could work with the e6804. Then you could run standard dmx floods.
Cant find any reference for them though. May need to ask AAH if he has any left.

sck1ng

Apprentice elf
Ok I got a reply from Jim at Sandevices and he said the e6804 can run the dmx flood lights from Ray Wu.

"Yes you can run those. if you want to run more than one from a single
output have the addresses preset when you order them to: 1, 4, 7, 10, 13,
etc.

-jim-"

Guess I need to order a few tonight and hope Ray gets them to me quick.

sck1ng

Apprentice elf

mpurser

m purser
on the 68xx if you are runing the new firm ware under chip type set to dmx then wire the xlr connector to the instructions in jim new manual here is a jpg of the pin lay out

sck1ng

Apprentice elf
David_AVD said:
The page linked to actually describes all of the connections.

Sorry David.. I don't see where it is described. Guess there is something in there that I am not familiar with. I reread it a few times. Only see where it talks about DMX in and DMX out.

sck1ng

Apprentice elf
mpurser said:
on the 68xx if you are runing the new firm ware under chip type set to dmx then wire the xlr connector to the instructions in jim new manual here is a jpg of the pin lay out

Thanks.. I will make sure to reread the manual for the 6804..

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
This was this bit I was referring to:
Connect dc power to the flood - most likely pink & black wires

Does the unterminated cable have 2 or 3 wires on yours?

You should be able to measure (meter set to Ohms) a short between one of those wires and one of the pins on the DMX plugs. That will be the PSU negative.