LOR RADOMLY TURNING CHANNELS OFF

Mr Griz

New elf
SO NOT SURE WTH IS GOING ON BUT MY LOR WILL TURN CHANNELS OFF ON ITS OWN, I.E. ILL HAVE FLOODS ON FOR 6-7 SECONDS AND ONE GOES OFF AFTER ABOUT 3 SECONDS!!! THIS IS FRUSTRATING T H OUT OF ME!!! ANY ADVICE ANYONE???

Mr Griz

New elf
I have 3 LOR 16-CH controllers, I have 3 red floods 3 blue floods and 3 white floods, during the sequence the reds come on for about 10 secs then the blue then the white but itll drop a red during the sequence after about 3 secs even with it "on"

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
If it's just one channel I would check that the LOR channel (110V in your case?) is not a problem. Try swapping with another channel or try a different light on it.

Have you tried turning the channels on and off in the hardware utility? Does it "drop off" there as well?

Mr Griz

New elf
Its new, I upgraded my software to the top package a while back and im pretty sure it was during the writing of the sequence im having trouble with, im just going to have to do A LOT of cut and paste and put into a new sequence, , what really sucks is I have a lot of RGB sequences loaded in so transferring everything to a new sequence is gonna cost me a lot of time, is ok though I would rather it be working right come december one!!!

DanJ

Full time elf
Mr--put on your troubleshooting hat, as David recommended. Swap some channels around, etc and see if the problem "moves" or doesn't... Do what you can to "cut the problem in half"--classic troubleshooting model. Well, maybe 1/3 here since you are looking at three sets of devices, but still the same point. See if you can determine if the problem is "one end or the other" (LOR end or light end). I recommend that you measure some voltages at different points to see if something funky is going on with voltage drop and/or current draw.