LOR Software, DavidAVD Usb485 Adaptor & CTB16PC HELP NEEDED!!!!

Brettus

Brettus
No other ports available, only one port available, only have one control connectted at once and it does it with both. I am also scanning the full range.

Using Vixen i can get the program to make the newer controller light up and work, but i need to get the lor to communicate so i can upgrade the firmware and set it to controller 2.

penguineer

Full time elf
Brettus said:
No other ports available, only one port available, only have one control connectted at once and it does it with both. I am also scanning the full range.

Using Vixen i can get the program to make the newer controller light up and work, but i need to get the lor to communicate so i can upgrade the firmware and set it to controller 2.

Starting to run out of ideas - maybe work on eliminating some common elements?

LOR software reinstall,

USB driver reinstall(could be as simple as delete the comm port in device manager, maybe reboot, and then rescan for hardware)

Change the network cable....

Start with the simple things....

Sounding like it's got to be something simple(as in too simple), everything you've done sounds right, the solid red light on the board indicates that the board knows there's something at the other end at least on a serial level....

Cheers!

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I just tried connecting to a CTB16PC with one of my USB485RJ-ISO units as well as a LOR USB485 dongle.

At first I didn't have any luck with the hardware utility when I set the com port number for the USB485RJ-ISO in there. (the LOR dongle did work) I then set the LOR com port number via Network Preferences and then the Hardware Utility did pick up the LOR board using the AVD dongle (+ adapter of course).

So it may be that the LOR software doesn't quite connect correctly if the com number is set in the Hardware Utility.

Oh, I did need to change the USB485RJ-ISO com port (in device manager) down to a lower number as well. It appears that the Auto Configure option tops out at com 30 for some reason and mine was 31.

Brettus

Brettus
also what version of LOR are you using. What version of windows and what drivers have you got installed for the adaptor???

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Brettus said:
mine has been set to com 6.

Where is the network perferences you speak of???

Either via the system tray icon > network preferences or in the actual sequencer > view > preferences > network preferences

Windows XP, drivers are standard FTDI ones (same driver as LOR dongle) and LOR S3.6.0

Brettus

Brettus
Still no joy, installed LOR on a old p3 running XP, tried again in Win7. It wouldnt matter if i was using laptops over a desktop???

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
OK, time to try something else. Download the Lights Up! program and test as per this thread:

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1445.0.html

This will drive your LOR controllers in DMX mode and prove that the dongle works (or doesn't).

I believe a LOR board with network ID 01 will respond to DMX channels 1..16, ID 02 will be channels 17..32 and so on.

Brettus

Brettus
I know the dongle works in DMX mode i have tested it using vixen using the CTB16PCg3 control as i bought this brand new.