LSP 2.0 is released

keith33

New elf
Quoted from an email from Sales this morning:

If you’ve purchased LightShow Pro in the last year, you will receive your new license within 24 hrs.
but if not, were offering an awesome upgrade price for the advanced version for just $49!! (a $249 value!)

so YAY !

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Still no update on those who want/need the Pro version yet, but hopefully that will be answered in time

mschell

Full time elf
Just tried to get to the site. I can get to the main page, but any link off the main page gives a:

Error 503 - Service not available

I can live till tomorrow to get my upgrade...

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
If you are on an LSP 2.0 Advanced licence and want the Pro, it's now official that it's $149 for the upgrade. Thats simply the difference in program costs, so is not that bad.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I bought LSP 1.8 last Friday night, but waited for LSP 2.0 before installing. The actual installation seemed to go ok, but I could not register it online due to an error.

I contacted LSP and David confirmed my suspicions that the web proxy we use is the cause. Have emailed him the licence file that the registration utility generated so he can send me the unlock key.

Just thought I'd mention the proxy issue in case it catches anyone else out.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The latest version of LSP 2 now works if you have a web proxy. If you don't have a live internet connection, you'll still need to generate a licence file, email that the DJ and he will send back some sort of unlock code.

Wombat

Full time elf
Hi all anyone who has been following my plight on LSP will know the details of what has been happening in regard to the free upgrades we were entitled to.

I respect you all for listening to my rants and yes there was some stuff said which I feel passionate about. Enough to risk being banned from LSP which I have been
sad.gif

I have now been given my money back and a free version of LightShowPro Professional Edition by David.

I have however Refunded this money back to LSP as I believe that all that I was entitled to was a Free version of Professional Version of Light Show Pro V2 edition and he is running a business.

Regards
Wombat

Sent to:
David Johnson
Email:
sales@lightshowpro.com

Total amount:
-$99.00 USD
Fee amount:
$3.67 USD
Net amount:
-$95.33 USD

Date:
18 Aug 2011
Time:
07:57:43 AEST
Completed

Subject:

You have sent $95.33 USD to David Johnson with PayPal
Note:

Hi David, Thank you for the refund However I cannot accept. I believe that you have a Business to run and feel that the free upgrade to Pro Edition all that I was entitled to. I hope that we can still do business in the future and wish you well. Thank you

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Wombat said:
Hi all anyone who has been following my plight on LSP will know the details of what has been happening in regard to the free upgrades we were entitled to.

I respect you all for listening to my rants and yes there was some stuff said which I feel passionate about. Enough to risk being banned from LSP which I have been
sad.gif

I have now been given my money back and a free version of LightShowPro Professional Edition by David.

I have however Refunded this money back to LSP as I believe that all that I was entitled to was a Free version of Professional Version of Light Show Pro V2 edition and he is running a business.

Regards
Wombat

Sent to:
David Johnson
Email:
sales@lightshowpro.com

Total amount:
-$99.00 USD
Fee amount:
$3.67 USD
Net amount:
-$95.33 USD

Date:
18 Aug 2011
Time:
07:57:43 AEST
Completed

Subject:

You have sent $95.33 USD to David Johnson with PayPal
Note:

Hi David, Thank you for the refund However I cannot accept. I believe that you have a Business to run and feel that the free upgrade to Pro Edition all that I was entitled to. I hope that we can still do business in the future and wish you well. Thank you

From what i gather as well you will not be entitled to any LSP updates in the future as DJ doesnt want you as a customer and in reality i dont blame him. He is not in the buisness of giving charity and needs to make a profit for the many many hours invested in making LSPv2 what it is. Even though it was explained many times before you kept pushing the fact and the result maybe that you got the pro version but in essence without updates you will miss out on some of the great features to be added in the near future as well as any fixes.
I think you may have the idea that LSP is a profitable buisness for DJ which it isnt as the market is not large enough and for him to have to give away the 64 universe (pro) version would have not made it worth his time at all.
If you want a sequencing program that doesnt cost you then you can use vixen but the reason you want to use LSP is because you know it has leading edge sequencing tools and in V2 it has now become a very strong stable product. You cant have your cake and eat it too.
So in the end was it the result you would have wanted, i doubt it.