LSP and Your PC Specs?

Robert

Apprentice elf
Hello everyone, I was just wondering what all of you LSP users were using to run the Software? What specs do you have on your PC? Have you had any problems with the Software and your configuration?

I recently bought a new Laptop, with LSP in mind. I do not have LSP yet. I will purchase it in a couple of weeks though.

My Laptop specs are as follows:

Dell 7720 SE
Windows 8,64 Bit
3rd gen i7 3630qm Processor, up to 3.4 Ghz
8GB DDR3 SDRAM
1TB SATA HDD X 32GB mSATA SSD
NVIDEA GF, GT 650m GDDR5 2GB

I'm hoping that my configuration will handle LSP without problems. My biggest fear is Windows 8. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though. Any other Windows 8 Users?

G

GoofyGuy

Thats a beast of a laptop. I cant imagine any issues with that rig and LSP.

Robert

Apprentice elf
WilliamS said:
Thats a beast of a laptop. I cant imagine any issues with that rig and LSP.

That's what i'm hoping, fingers crossed. Figured I would see what everyone else was running LSP on :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Windows 8 was used by a few members last season without issue.

How many channels do you plan on sequencing?

Robert

Apprentice elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

I'm planning on 2k - 4k RGB SS, channels, depending how everything goes. It's going be my first year, so starting off small.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Robert said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

I'm planning on 2k - 4k RGB SS, channels, depending how everything goes. It's going be my first year, so starting off small.

wont be a problem at all with 4k channels it will run well for you

Robert

Apprentice elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Robert said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

wont be a problem at all with 4k channels it will run well for you

This coming from the LSP Guru himself, gives me confidence :D .
What specs do you have on your PC to run your giant show?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
i run a 3.4ghz i7 with 16gb ram, but is a an early version of an I7 as ive had this system for 2 seasons. I ran 10000 channels.
Also what i find is the software improves in performance each year as well. So i cant see you having any issues especially that you have a 64 bit system and a new generation I3 processor so you can take advanatge of LSP 64bit version.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
As far as running LSP that rig shouldn't have any problems. What you may have to keep an eye on is making sure that the log files that LSP creates for debugging doesn't gobble up the space on your solid state drive. Every session that you run LSP it creates a log file and the longer you're running and the more channels you've got the bigger the file is. If you're not experiencing any problems then you can just delete the files. A few guys with big channel counts in 2012 found that their super fast SSD drives were suddenly full and the culprit was the log files.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AAH said:
As far as running LSP that rig shouldn't have any problems. What you may have to keep an eye on is making sure that the log files that LSP creates for debugging doesn't gobble up the space on your solid state drive. Every session that you run LSP it creates a log file and the longer you're running and the more channels you've got the bigger the file is. If you're not experiencing any problems then you can just delete the files. A few guys with big channel counts in 2012 found that their super fast SSD drives were suddenly full and the culprit was the log files.

This was an issue on earlier versions of LSP, I havent had that issue since before christmas, but yes it was a surprise to find after a few days that my SSD was full, but easy fixed.

Robert

Apprentice elf
AAH said:

Just read a post about this over at the LSP Forums. I believe it was resolved with updating.

joeengler

Apprentice elf
Robert said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

I remember when starting with 16 to 32 channels was keeping it small

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Robert said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

small... pfft.. hahaha, that aint small
nice rig btw