LSP Visualizer giving me issues

burner

Full time elf
I've been working my way through my sequence in LSP, and have just popped over the 1m mark in my first song. Since yesterday (or maybe the day before), my visualizer has crapped itself, and doesn't playback well. It updates the picture about every 10 seconds, rather then actually showing me a proper display. There is no lag in the music, and if I pause the display, it catches up to the right frame, but then continuing locks it up again. My CPU/RAM/HDD performance doesn't seem to be an issue in the task manager (i5 chip, 8GB RAM). I've just tried a re-install of the software, but it hasn't changed.

When testing the LSP with the output, the lights seem to be working normally. I only have about 60m of 2811 RGB strips, and about 100 2811 RGB modules. All I can think of is I started adding macro transitions yesterday. Prior to that I was doing it all manually in the effects tab.

Also, 1 extra thing I was noticing yesterday, is everytime I tried a playback with the output selected, I was getting the following error:
"A selection region was not detected, Playback will start when the entire sequence optimization completes." which I hadn't seen before.

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
There are a couple of questions I have for you that might help people work out your problem.

How big is the sequence you are working on ?MB?

What version of LSP are you using?

I too did have this same issue when my sequence I was working on went over 40MB. This happened around the same time as the latest release from LSP but when I played back the sequence in the visulizer it would lock up about half way through and then the visulizer would not even play anything until I closed LSP and opened it again.

And then LSP started to optimize my 40MB sequence when I tried to open it and this was taking forever so I ended up closing LSP. So I tried to re-install LSP but then LSP would not even open.

I then followed what others have done and deleted all my LSP folders (I saved all my sequences into another folder first) and then completed another re-install and then re-started the computer.

I think deleting the folders helps a lot as LSP started to work fine again but I have gone through and deleted most of the marquee macro effects I had through the sequence and used the matrix animator to do a lot of my effects which has brought my sequence down to 11MB and the visulizer has no problem playing through the whole song now.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
This issue has been already identified and been reported by the LSP beta testers. It appears a regression issue that may have crept in with the last build. It only seems to do it in parts of the sequence where there is nothing sequenced.
I didnt see this issue when using my previous windows setup the other day with the same LSP build, but since then i upgraded to a solid state drive and reinstalled my operating system and LSP and now i have seen this same issue that has been reported by others

burner

Full time elf
I'm just in the process now of uninstalling everything and re-installing fresh. It's the latest version available for download on the website that I was using and will be re-installing. If it's a reported issue, hopefully there will be a fix soon. My machine seems to running like a dog since the last upgrade. My sequence is only 5mb, and I've tried clearing out all files from %temp% too.

burner

Full time elf
Well, as expected, that didn't fix the issues. At least I have all my lights setup on the floor around me, so I can at least partially tell what it's all going to look like.
I guess I'll just wait for a new patch update.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
burner said:
I'm just in the process now of uninstalling everything and re-installing fresh. It's the latest version available for download on the website that I was using and will be re-installing. If it's a reported issue, hopefully there will be a fix soon. My machine seems to running like a dog since the last upgrade. My sequence is only 5mb, and I've tried clearing out all files from %temp% too.
My sequence stands at just over 50mb and still a bit of a way to go to get it finished. But im able to sequence without too much issue.