Male or Female Pigtail for input

jspaulding22

New elf
Question, and maybe I am missing the reason. I leave my lights up all year because I do other songs for various holidays or birthdays. I have my pigtails configured with the female on the input so I can cap them when not in use. But everything I see that Ray Wu sells "pre-pigtailed" has the male on the input. I have been doing my own pigtails because of this reason. What do others do? Am I missing the reason or logic behind his configuration? Thanks.

Joe

:eek:

jspaulding22

New elf
I see. I guess I am just thinking of my scenario. I solder each strip together when needed so I don't have too many pigtails on the output. Only when I inject power. Thanks.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I think of it like a power point an extension cord. A power point is female so it's harder to connect the contact points and cause a short.

jspaulding22

New elf
Thanks. Any idea if there are plugs for both male and female? With keeping the lights up all year long, I would like to protect the connectors as long a possible.. Thanks guys.

i13

Dedicated elf
There are ends available to seal off female plugs. If you can't find them for the male plugs then I'd just use a female plug with the wires coming off it sealed and unused.