Matrix Scrambled Signal

Boof63

Senior elf
Hi, matrix has scrambled signals, works in preview fine - both HLS PP and NC/XL effects.
Am using pixlite4 , have tried simple & advanced string setup to no avail.
Matrix is ink1003's 75 x 20 (XY), Hls is setup Left to right then right to left, starting top left corner as str1pix1.
have tried all combinations of setups to get something to work but no luck,
as said have output just scrambled , so I'm sure its something simple I am missing (as usual!!)

Cheers Boof 63

PS inks are facing sun on both sides throughout the day, Backside has afternoon sun (Hottest period) can the 12 regulators etc handle the heat or should I place some shade cloth over the back to protect from direct sunlight??

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Have you tried using da_E131 to test the controller / PSU / LED hardware combination?

Make sure your sequence is shut down when using da_E131 of course so you don't get a clash of signals.

Boof63

Senior elf
will try tonite, used it to test setup when constructing and worked fine, but will run again once downloaded onto this computer, thanks
Boof63
tried just now and Da-E131 working fine ,all universes working as setup in the Pix4 controller. any further suggestions greatly appreciated, now off to work thanks again david

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
What may be an issue is having 512 channels assigned to a universe of pixels rather than the 510 that they can use. The 1st universe (170 pixels) would be fine but then the next would be screwed up by 2 channels.

Devo

Apprentice elf
Hi Boof,

What do you mean by "scrambled' exactly? Is all of it scrambled or only some sections or certain pixels?

If David's E1.31 test program works fine then it is most likely an issue with your HLS sequencer/XL config.

Habbosrus

Back again
Hey Boof, Can you send me a copy of your csv file? I'll see if I can find any issues within HLS. I'm guessing it will be something to do with output as your preview is assigned by preview group and number, not output. I had the same thing when I tried to upgrade HLS a couple of months ago, so I reverted back to 21G. Your csv file might help me find the issue. Hang in there, we'll get you over the line as a team effort mate.

Boof63

Senior elf
Devo snowflakes appear to be ok in nc/xl but text in the same effect is muddled/scrambled, vertical bars going left to right are all out of sync, hope that helps cheers and thanks
Habby have sent you csv via email
Cheers and thanks as well

Boof63

Senior elf
Just tried top left config in nc/xl and no difference , still same muddle, keep trying to tonight cheers all Boof63
Ps do get some nice patterns when muddled tho!