• Sometime in April

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Any further update on a venue? I personally prefer something on the Nth side of Melb as I'll have a 160km drive each way each day.

daunce

Full time elf
I've asked if I can use the work kitchen area. It has tables, wifi and a big screen. It's at 2 Southbank Boulevard, Southbank. I'm waiting to see if security will allow attendees to buzz through into the carpark and get access to the lifts. It's a nice kitchen, but there's no bbq facilities ;-)

If it works, I'm ok to take care of the venue side of things, if others can coordinate the rest.

I'm hoping to get an answer by the end of the week, and then you all can decide if it ticks the boxes.

Attachments

• IMG_8061.JPG
    IMG_8061.JPG
    991.8 KB · Views: 27

AAH

I've asked if I can use the work kitchen area. It has tables, wifi and a big screen. It's at 2 Southbank Boulevard, Southbank. I'm waiting to see if security will allow attendees to buzz through into the carpark and get access to the lifts. It's a nice kitchen, but there's no bbq facilities ;-)

If it works, I'm ok to take care of the venue side of things, if others can coordinate the rest.

I'm hoping to get an answer by the end of the week, and then you all can decide if it ticks the boxes.

If you can get the venue and organise parking and access to bring blinky stuff in then that looks like and awesome venue. Looks like Subway and Micky D's as well as a bakery are within a short stones throw so no need for a BBQ.

livetoride

Full time elf
I've got accom in neo towers so nice and close too. Hopefully, you can get some parking underneath to bring some gear up! Thanks for offering. If that doesn't work well get something locked in by mid next week!

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Sorry all. Request for use of the work kitchen area has been denied.

I hope there's other options available.
Thanks for looking into it @daunce . Often locking down the venue is the biggest hurdle - once we get there, everything else just flows, so fingers crossed we can find one soon.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
HI All.
I have a contact who helps operate/maintain the Arther Wren Hall in Hampton Park. Unfortunately the smaller meeting room within this hall is booked on 19-20/5, however there is a 2nd "community room" that is right next door that can hold up to 30 people, has kitchen, toilet and table/chairs, and access to main carpark.
The cost? FREE!! As we are community project (if anyone asks ;))
The only downside at this stage is we could only get access from 12.30 on the Saturday until around 6 at the latest, but all day Sunday (8-4) should be fine.
I know this isn't central for Melbourne, but at least parking and venue hire is free, so that may offset costs for those who need to travel.
I need to confirm back if we definitely want to secure this by Monday, so if I could get your interest by no later than COB Sunday 18/2, that would be greatly appreciated :)

AAH

HI All.
I have a contact who helps operate/maintain the Arther Wren Hall in Hampton Park. Unfortunately the smaller meeting room within this hall is booked on 19-20/5, however there is a 2nd "community room" that is right next door that can hold up to 30 people, has kitchen, toilet and table/chairs, and access to main carpark.
The cost? FREE!! As we are community project (if anyone asks ;))
The only downside at this stage is we could only get access from 12.30 on the Saturday until around 6 at the latest, but all day Sunday (8-4) should be fine.
I know this isn't central for Melbourne, but at least parking and venue hire is free, so that may offset costs for those who need to travel.
I need to confirm back if we definitely want to secure this by Monday, so if I could get your interest by no later than COB Sunday 18/2, that would be greatly appreciated :)

Out of curiosity is the community hall free for all day Saturday and Sunday on any other weekend? The extra 35km or so from Melb cbd out to the hall is no biggy after already traveling the 150km to get to Melb but having Saturday limited to effectively half a day is a bit of killer. Also is it possible to see a pic or 2 of the venue as being able to fit 30 people doesn't necessarily mean it will be easy to fit 20+ people as well as a bunch of blinky stuff in there as well.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
I'm getting other dates checked, I hope to have availability on Monday.
No pics of the venue unfortunately.
If we feel this is not big enough, then we can look elsewhere? I wan't to get a venue locked in sooner rather than later.

damona

Full time elf
Had a look around Craigieburn websites could not see anything for free. Thought it might be more central.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
I'm happy for central and happy to pay as I'm sure most would be. I'm just finding local as its a bit easier for me and there hasn't been a flood of activity to find a venue as yet.
Thanks for looking though, let us know if you find something more suitable. The more looking, the better chance of finding something.

Status
Not open for further replies.