Meteor light and 27 ch dmx board

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
I am starting to play with some meteor lights i bought on ebay. (nice lights) The lights run on 5vdc and they can be run one tube at a time. I modified my 27 ch board to run on 5 volts by lifting pin 2 on U5 and connecting it to the +side of the board. I then connected some 5v led's to the outputs and ran a test through lor and everything worked perfectly. When I hooked my meteor tubes up, they just sat there and flickered. I then unhooked the tubes and installed 5v relays to the 27 channel board and then hooked up the tubes to the output of the relays and everything worked just fine. My question is, is there anyone out there who has successfully hooked these tubes directly to the 27 ch board?
I don't know if this is the place to post this, but it's a starting point.
Thanks in advance for your help!

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I used 6 sets of meteor tubes with my DC24 controllers and had no issues. Some were 5V and some were 12V tubes. I didn't have just one tube per controller channel though.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Yeh, I guess i'm just a control freak. I want to control 54 of these so I can play them like a piano, and just fire the colors that I want. The relay idea works but there is a lot of clicking and clacking.