Meteor Rods concept - Pixicles

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
How much current does each meteor rod pull ?

What size are the power wires in the T cable assembly?

How many T cable assemblies are you chaining together?

arw01

Full time elf
Did you have Ray do them in white or black? and then how are you connecting to the T's for the drops?

That worked out to about 8" spacing which is just about what I would want, 20m of it would do me, do them in sections like you are doing.

Alan

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
arw01 said:
Did you have Ray do them in white or black? and then how are you connecting to the T's for the drops?

That worked out to about 8" spacing which is just about what I would want, 20m of it would do me, do them in sections like you are doing.

Alan
I think this is directed army post.

I got them all in black.

I also bought 150 4core connects (he nirmally sells them in pairs so I just asked for them to be all female and he did at a niche lower cost) to connect to the T piece and then I will just soldier and use silicone plus heatshrink to provide water proofing.

I will probably do power inject every two or three. I was going to get him to include power inject points but thought it all may have been to confusing so will see how these go.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Got the package from Ray today. I have only so far tested 12 of the 30 and all work and have been IAW the wiring diagram I sent him.

The quality appears to be really good.

See attached photos of one of the main cables with one connector attached.

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68

Baf05

Full time elf
I actually had Ray make mine for me on one long string, then I used cable ties to form the Pixicles.

I ordered RGB nodes spaced at X distance for 5 nodes, then Y distance between node 5 and 6, Y being this distance I needed the wire to travel back up the Pixicle and on the next drop.

When they came I added power injection to mid point and the ends and they worked perfectly.

Much faster than making them myself... which I had also done!

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Baf05 said:
I actually had Ray make mine for me on one long string, then I used cable ties to form the Pixicles.

I ordered RGB nodes spaced at X distance for 5 nodes, then Y distance between node 5 and 6, Y being this distance I needed the wire to travel back up the Pixicle and on the next drop.

When they came I added power injection to mid point and the ends and they worked perfectly.

Much faster than making them myself... which I had also done!

Smart idea.