1. Hello Christmas Expo attendees, welcome to AusChristmasLighting!
    Download your copy of the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual (free account required)
    Introduce yourself and tell us about your display plans
  2. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

mini tutorial of how to display a movie

Discussion in 'xLights (Nutcracker)' started by smeighan, Aug 12, 2014.

1. smeighan

smeighan Dedicated Elf

i was asked about making a movie and having it show up on your matrix or megatree. here is a mini tutorial of how to do that. https://vimeo.com/103161925

2. BundyRoy

BundyRoy Dedicated Elf

Sean, thanks for the video. I just followed the instructions and it makes something that I'm sure was difficult to develop very quick and easy for the end user to use. Now I just need to increase the resolution of my matrix.

Thanks again.

3. Boof63

Boof63 Senior Elf Generous Elf

HI sean, great job on the video. Followed instructions and got all the files formed up via ffmpeg. However when I goto play the video on my matrix 20 x 75 (video converted to 50 x 20) , I get the first frame and nothing else happens, Tried it on a bigger matrix to see if mine was too small but got same result. Gif will move left , right etc but refuses to play??? Could it be my computer (as its only dual core 2.7 ghz and 4 meg of ram, win 7 64 bit), this may help?? also using version 3.4.5 xl/nc.

cheers Boof63

4. OP
    OP
    smeighan

smeighan Dedicated Elf

The file to active the movie must be in the form "yourfile-1.jpg" or "yourfile-1.gif" or "yourfile-1.png".

If you display any other frame besides the "*-1", it will just treat it as a picture. if you use the magic display the first "-1" picture, it will start flipping through the frames.
    What was the name of the file you were using?

5. Boof63

Boof63 Senior Elf Generous Elf

it is a frozen clip, approx. 2 minutes (the "I like summer bit") and around 80 meg all up. file started at first frame ( frozen_small-1.jpeg). just realised as I wrote this that your video had JPG and not JPEG, went back and converted and yes it now works!! TA DA, DOH!!!
    thanks Sean

Cheers Boof63 :-[ :-[ :-[