mini tutorial of how to display a movie

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Sean, thanks for the video. I just followed the instructions and it makes something that I'm sure was difficult to develop very quick and easy for the end user to use. Now I just need to increase the resolution of my matrix.

Thanks again.

Boof63

Senior elf
HI sean, great job on the video. Followed instructions and got all the files formed up via ffmpeg. However when I goto play the video on my matrix 20 x 75 (video converted to 50 x 20) , I get the first frame and nothing else happens, Tried it on a bigger matrix to see if mine was too small but got same result. Gif will move left , right etc but refuses to play??? Could it be my computer (as its only dual core 2.7 ghz and 4 meg of ram, win 7 64 bit), this may help?? also using version 3.4.5 xl/nc.

cheers Boof63

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Boof63 said:
HI sean, great job on the video. Followed instructions and got all the files formed up via ffmpeg. However when I goto play the video on my matrix 20 x 75 (video converted to 50 x 20) , I get the first frame and nothing else happens, Tried it on a bigger matrix to see if mine was too small but got same result. Gif will move left , right etc but refuses to play??? Could it be my computer (as its only dual core 2.7 ghz and 4 meg of ram, win 7 64 bit), this may help?? also using version 3.4.5 xl/nc.

cheers Boof63

The file to active the movie must be in the form "yourfile-1.jpg" or "yourfile-1.gif" or "yourfile-1.png".

If you display any other frame besides the "*-1", it will just treat it as a picture. if you use the magic display the first "-1" picture, it will start flipping through the frames.
What was the name of the file you were using?

Boof63

Senior elf
it is a frozen clip, approx. 2 minutes (the "I like summer bit") and around 80 meg all up. file started at first frame ( frozen_small-1.jpeg). just realised as I wrote this that your video had JPG and not JPEG, went back and converted and yes it now works!! TA DA, DOH!!!
thanks Sean

Cheers Boof63 :-[ :-[ :-[