Models different after update

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
Hi all, not a rant but just a bit of a question.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same, last year ran Xlights with some strips around the windows, some arches and spiral trees. All worked perfectly for the season. A few weeks ago I started playing with the sequences and updated Xlights to the latest version, first thing I noticed was all the strips were lighting different colours, last year everything was left as RGB, this year everything has to be changed to BRG to colour correctly.

Secondly, and I’ve only noticed it with my window frames so far, the start position/rotation of the model has changed, i noticed this because when testing last night some effects were sideways or backwards on the frames, I found out that it had been set to bottom left start with clockwise rotation where last year it was bottom right start with anti-clockwise rotation.

I have done nothing except update Xlights, I have the same Falcon controller, same cable, same lights etc. Has anyone else come across this or am I the lucky one?

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I haven't noticed that myself no.
A way to test however is hopefully you have an old backup of your sequences and show folder files from last year.
Make a backup of your current setup and file away so you dont lose it.
Then delete xlights and re-install an old version that you would have used last year, and use one of your old backups to see if they work OK. If not and still acting differently then there must have been a change to your setup in the controller, at an semi-educated guess.