More Singing Trees

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Here is a shot of the recently finished trees, sequencing for these started early in the year but the build got a bit off track.

My son and I made the frames out of 6mm bar from Bunnings, they are approx 1500mm high. The lights for the mouths are waterproof 12V LED striplight from China, ropelight makes the body of the trees this is also 12V LED.

I once read on a forum "if there's no video it never happened" so here is a snipit taken on my phone late last night.

Still making stuff and programming, nothing out yet but we'll get there. If you're not on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Kev

Adam007

Adam007
The look great. The first picture is quite small, did you weld them or how was the construction done.

I would love to add some singing tree's next year!

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Thanks for all the kind comments.

I have taken a few photos as I constructed them and I will post a bit of a "How to" when I finally get everything out and running.

Kev

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I will be looking forward to seeing those how toos. My singing face needs replacement for next year I think.

arw01

Full time elf
Look great, are they welded or soldered together? I have a bunch of balls I want to make this year and have wondered which way to go.

Alan