Mounting Chromaletters and tiles.

Renzo1975

New elf
Hey guys,
I'm wondering if you can help me out. I got the Merry Christmas chroma letters and I'm trying to work out the best way to mount them together and on my tile roof right at the front near the gutter. I'm trying to hunt down maybe some Bunnings u channel with a 10 mil ID that I can slot the letters into but I can't seem to find any and I'll also put some PVC conduit at the back of it to keep them steady.
I'm sure can use some solar brackets to slide them under the tiles when they're done which is fine but initially want to get them all mounted together all across so I wonder what the best way you guys have found to do. Thank you.

Renzo1975

New elf
Nice.. thank you...Will grab some U channel and some bolts/ washers and get it hooked up... ta... wiring backwards too since my control box is right next to the last S in Christmas :)

Last edited:

Katekate

Senior elf
fortunately for you I had to pull all my stuff out of storage on the weekend, so I got some more pics.

I use a mushroom head bolt 1696918814120.png

and i think this is 10mm aluminium tube 1696918843354.png

the mushroom head bolts come with these square nuts that fit the channel
1696918878507.png

Renzo1975

New elf
That is awesome.. Thank you everyone...
Do you happen to know which Bunnings U channel you got? I could prob print some spacers out (to justify buying the printer lol)..
Any reason it's not straight on the coro and using a spacer?
May help me attempt to roof mount too (have to find something to go under the tiles when I'm done lol..
Again, thank you all.

algerdes

Al Gerdes
You may wish to put a washer between the coro and the spacer. We had the problem of vibration (wind) causing the spacer to dig into the coro. After we put the washers in, no problem. I believe we used fender washers to spread the area of pressure out.