Mounting mega tree toppers and stars to them

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
After mounting ideas on mounting steel mega tree toppers to steel pipes used for mega trees and also how stars get mounted onto the topper afterwards. In particular boscoyo style strip and decent sized stars. Both 180 degree and 360 degree trees.
50mm steel pipe seems to be the go so that's what I'm thinking.
Photos, photos and more photos please.

scamper

Dedicated elf
top star.JPG top.JPG These are the photos of my original design a few years ago. the base has changed as I have changed to boscoyo strips and have now welded 18 bolts to the edge of the ring which I slip the strip on and then do the nut up to hold them there. The tube that is welded on actually slips over top of the mega tree pole. I recycled a trampoline frame and all the parts are designed to slip into one another. The photo doesn't show the holes drilled yet, but there are 2 holes so the topper star just bolts to the flat plate. The star is just 3mm rod welded to shape and I attached led strip to it then covered in coro to diffuse the light.
I really need to update it, but at the moment it still works and I have way more pressing issues o_O

Bryan H

Bryan
I put square tubing inside my 30mm pole and attached the star to the square tubing. I use self tapping metal screws to attach the star to the tubing. I have the 3 ft boscoyo star on top of my tree.