Mounting on roof tile question

nickfrazz

New elf
Hi all I recently purchased some Christmas lights it’s the Santa with reindeers I went into the live chat and a Bloke linked me the way he mounted his on the roof. Using conduit and zip ties.

the only thing is the stands on the lights don’t extend far back enough to reach the next tile up (about 30cm)

If I was to cut the tab off that allows the stand to only go back so far would the display still stand straight ? Or is this something that I’ll have to make up some how custom ?

nickfrazz

New elf
I used two pieces of conduit to mount my Chimney Santa. https://www.da-share.com/christmas/chimney-santa/

You may have to get creative with the metal stands.

Another way could be to use the 2 conduits as I did, but link them from front to back with strips of wood and attach the stands to that?

hmm ok ill have a think do u think i could do what you did but instead using metal coat hangers and make my own stands to the right distance ?

drakky

Senior elf
I had that santa and reindeer years ago , I used tv aerial tile mounts permanently fixed to the roof with 2 horizontal metal bars to attach it

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Solar panel mounts are another option. They get secured to the roof beams and poke up through underneath the tiles.

drakky

Senior elf
Solar panel mounts are another option. They get secured to the roof beams and poke up through underneath the tiles.
yep that's what I've used this year I cut them off at the top and drill 2 holes in them to mount to and am going to leave them up permanently
you can paint them the same colour as your roof and you'd hardly see them

Img_1199s.jpg

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.