Multiple Colorlight Cards with FPP for P5 Panels (Guide)

z06

New elf
thanks for your help may be back with more questions as no I have one cabinet built need to move on to the next as will have 8 in total was told I will need a color light card in all 8 connected by ethernet and the connect the receiver cards to a sender card have you done this

samber

Netley Lights
Hi Jack I have got the same P5 panels as you what size fuses have you used and are you still using the supplied power cable from Lyson.
Have you got any photos of the back of your P5 panel.

Thanks Steven

bpratt

Senior elf
great write up, however I've got a funny set up here with Ray Wu p5 panels in a 5 x 2 configuration. The colorlight card was able to set up the first 3 x 2, but the last 2 x 2 didn't work properly without upsetting the first ones.
So I got a second colorlight card to get things working for me, which only turned up last week. Put it all together, only to find that I can't set up any panels with it, even as a stand alone.
The 2 x 2 that I was trying to setup can't be done with this new card, however if I use my older colorlight card with them, they work fine.

My assumption is that the newer colorlight card is in some way faulty, so I've just ordered another colorlight card from Lyson, however I doubt that I'll get it in time to set up my display.

Is there any one with a spare colorlight card I can borrow or buy in Australia please ?

bpratt

Senior elf
Once again, I've gone through the whole set up as described at the start of this post, and I still have the same issue.

The older colorlight card configures up the panels perfectly, but the newer colorlight card can not configure the panels up at all.

the colorlight card that works perfectly has version 5A 3.80 the one that I can't configure panels with is version 5A 10.16

robkleinpeter

New elf
Just a heads up, I had an issue with the LEDVision software detecting my Color light 5A-75B card. 3 things were different for me than most who have help videos posted online. My card is hardware version 8.0, LEDVision 7.0 is the first release that officially supports this hardware revision (according to the release notes) and I added a new Ubiquiti Unifi Switch Lite 8 POE to my existing Ubiquiti home network.

After pulling my hair out for a few hours, it appears that the switch was the culprit because I was able to configure the card by directly connecting to it through a UTP crossover cable. I have not dug into why (switch was straight out of the box, 1 VLAN) but I will and update if appropriate.

Also, here is a link to LEDVision ver 7.0 (and other versions) and release notes if needed.

bpratt

Senior elf
Just a heads up, I had an issue with the LEDVision software detecting my Color light 5A-75B card. 3 things were different for me than most who have help videos posted online. My card is hardware version 8.0, LEDVision 7.0 is the first release that officially supports this hardware revision (according to the release notes) and I added a new Ubiquiti Unifi Switch Lite 8 POE to my existing Ubiquiti home network.

Also, here is a link to LEDVision ver 7.0 (and other versions) and release notes if needed.

Ah, that might help me with my version 8 colorlight cards. My extra card turned up today, and like the other v8 card, I can't get it to configure up.

Even the guru's of Benslights, Derf, and Darylc who spent hours last night via zoom (thanks again guys), couldn't sort it out.

I'm now trying to download that ledvision v7, without much luck at this stage, but I'll keep trying... thanks for pointing that one out.

bpratt

Senior elf
okay guys, once again thanks for your efforts the other night, I've now got LEDVision 7, and after some more fiddling around have got it working with just one colorlight v8 card.

The test modes in ledvision, it's only going 256 wide, then restarting. I'm assuming that's normal ?

View: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkn0xhy7h9bsnvj/20201114_000716.jpg?dl=0

JonB256

Full time elf
The RasPi that I'll be using will be in Remote mode. It can receive its Multisync signals via CAT5/eth0 or wireless/wlan0, but I plan use CAT5.
If I add a USB GigEthernet dongle, which RJ45 jack should I use to connect to the Colorlight?

Mariio82

New elf
Hi, I have everything connected as above, but when I give the test, nothing is displayed from RPi? from a computer from the LEDVISION program works