Music mixing & editing

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi all.
I don't have the most in depth knowledge of how our Blinky displays go together, and I'd really like to give back a little to the wider ACL community. The one thing I do know a bit about is audio editing and mixing.
Therefore I'd like to extend an offer to help members who are struggling with getting music together for their sequences. If you have songs in mind that you'd like to use in your sequences or displays but only want a certain part of the songs or want a special mix or mashup of a collection of songs as one continues sequence, then feel free to send me a message of the tracks you'd like and what parts you'd like to have in the mix. I'm more than happy to work with you and take away some of the time and stress of one part of putting together your displays.
Just my way of saying thanks to those in ACL who have helped me over the last couple of years.

Cheers, Graham

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Graham

Put me at the top of the list got a heap to do just fialising which ones

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Bad luck Beacy. I was at the top of the list before there was a list :)
I've just been slack at getting the music to Graham. It's only been about 6 weeks that Graham has been waiting :eek:

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Now now boys, I'm sure I can accommodate BOTH requests at the same time! One might take longer than the other depending on the number of edits required. As soon as I have the requests AND music then I can make a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Just a quick bump as a reminder for anyone who would like any songs mixed together for their display I'm available to assist but not for much longer as I'll be busy with my own display as well as DJing the busy Christmas party season :)

Cheers, Graham

MarcD

Full time elf
The one thing I think would be really helpful each year is a mashup of the top selling songs of that year. You'd probably have to figure out a way of people proving they owned copies of each song before giving it to them, but it would be really handy. For example, in 2015 the mashup could include bits from:

Downtown
Uptown Funk
Lips Are Movin
Take Me To Church
Four Five Seconds
Shut Up and Dance
Chandelier
Bills
etc.

For the record, I don't necessarily like those songs, I'm just listing some examples from the 2015 top 40.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
I have already done a top 40 mix for a member already this year so it's a good idea.
Seperate to Christmas lights, I do a mega mix at the end of each year of top 40 hits. For those interested to hear the results, feel free to look for Top 40 Megamix uploads on my page here: http://www.house-mixes.com/profile/dj%20graham%20evans

B_P_J

Full time elf
Wowsers... what an awesome service.... I think I may see what you can do... just a little one, I will PM you and ask
Thanks in advance

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi All.

Just bumping this thread again (good timing, it was 1 year ago I started it!)

If anyone would like any assistance with music editing or mixing for their sequences, please let me know I'm more than happy to help out as audio editing is my background.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
I could use your help, are you able to mix my audio to my blinky for me? :p
Would save me a heap of time of which I'm very quickly running out of... ::) ::)

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Just a friendly bump to this thread. If you want to get a jump start on sequencing your 2017 display and have an idea of a mix or mashup of music, then PM your requests and I'll whip something up for you to sequence to.
The cost? Free. Zero. Zilch. Nothing.
I enjoying doing it, you all may as well benefit from it <hugs ACL>
I may not have all the best technical knowledge when it comes to blinky, but this is what I do all year round so happy to help & give back :)