Music mixing & editing

Lishfish

Full time elf
djgra79 said:
Just a friendly bump to this thread. If you want to get a jump start on sequencing your 2017 display and have an idea of a mix or mashup of music, then PM your requests and I'll whip something up for you to sequence to.
The cost? Free. Zero. Zilch. Nothing.
I enjoying doing it, you all may as well benefit from it <hugs ACL>
I may not have all the best technical knowledge when it comes to blinky, but this is what I do all year round so happy to help & give back :)
Hey djgra79 I would like some help if possible please? I have all these ideas but I cant get in on the computer.

Kitman

Full time elf
Hey djgra79, I have been looking on Youtube for an upbeat (techno, trap, dubstep style) Rudolf the red nosed reindeer song, however all of the ones that I find seem to be the same remix and I don't much like it hahahaha.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS9xd6bXQ5E
<----- that seems to be every remix version on youtube published by multiple people but not quite up beat enough for my liking. I like the background song just the drops etc are a bit average.

Considering I am converting all of my reindeer over to pixel's this year I would like to have this song so I can sequence the reindeer into this song and flash Rudolf's red nose along with the song / beat.

Do you think perhaps you might be able to come up with something for me to be unique and get people moving along nicely.
Cheers mate.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hey djgra79, I have been looking on Youtube for an upbeat (techno, trap, dubstep style) Rudolf the red nosed reindeer song, however all of the ones that I find seem to be the same remix and I don't much like it hahahaha.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS9xd6bXQ5E
<----- that seems to be every remix version on youtube published by multiple people but not quite up beat enough for my liking. I like the background song just the drops etc are a bit average.

Considering I am converting all of my reindeer over to pixel's this year I would like to have this song so I can sequence the reindeer into this song and flash Rudolf's red nose along with the song / beat.

Do you think perhaps you might be able to come up with something for me to be unique and get people moving along nicely.
Cheers mate.

Ooh, I haven't done much production in a while - challenge accepted!!

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
I had found that one a few times and agree the song is cool and the beats are nice but slow.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Bumping again. Seems many people are getting their lights & controllers in order now, so may be shifting to sequencing mode soon.
Here to assist where I can :)

stormboy2340

New elf
Hello Graham, I want to do a sequence to the Dueling Jingle Bells by the US Navy Band but I much prefer their longer live version on youtube compared to the album version.

My question is 1. Is it possible to use music from youtube in our sequences and if so is it possible to edit out background sound, eg audience clapping

Dave

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Hello Graham, I want to do a sequence to the Dueling Jingle Bells by the US Navy Band but I much prefer their longer live version on youtube compared to the album version.

My question is 1. Is it possible to use music from youtube in our sequences and if so is it possible to edit out background sound, eg audience clapping

Dave
Hi Dave, I can certainly try. The issue is the more processing used to try and remove those type of noises, the worse the quality of the music.
I'll have a play and send you something over the next few days.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Because I don't have enough to do already <end sarcasm> but for those of you who need some help in audio editing, I'm offering my services to mix a couple of tracks together or make edits if you're not that confident, ready to get those last few sequences done.
Send me a PM of the songs you'd like and what you had in mind and I'll do my best :)

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
You still offering this service?
Yep! Shoot me a PM with the song(s) and artists you'd like edited with an idea of what order or sections you'd like.