My 8m tall mega tree in testing phase

Dave H

Apprentice elf
Gray_magic said:
here are some daytime pics of the setup

for some reason, I can't center the picture to see the whole tree. Nevertheless, the other pics and video are great.

Can you provide more info on your star

Trafficman

Teach Me!!!
47,000 incands on my 40 foot mega tree. Top guy's and three bottom guys. I use a tower and its easy to install every year. Sprial tree has no guys due to 16 strands anchor'ed from the top down and it to is a tower.

Jeff

Gray_magic

The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!
Dave H said:
Gray_magic said:
here are some daytime pics of the setup

for some reason, I can't center the picture to see the whole tree. Nevertheless, the other pics and video are great.

Can you provide more info on your star
I will add some pics of another star I am building at the moment. The star is coro with dumb RGB strip with 6channels. Stands 1m tall.

924aussie

Full time elf
I see you mention using clothes line and attach the strings to those. Do you have a picture of the ends you created?

I am about to do the same using a round trampoline as a base ( without the mat ) it already has holes spaced around it complete with springs and D rings . I have a printout of the mega tree created by www.magicchristmas.org where he used packing straps compared to your clothes line. Are the end connections done similar ?

Thank you

Alan

Gray_magic

The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!
924aussie said:
I see you mention using clothes line and attach the strings to those. Do you have a picture of the ends you created?

I am about to do the same using a round trampoline as a base ( without the mat ) it already has holes spaced around it complete with springs and D rings . I have a printout of the mega tree created by www.magicchristmas.org where he used packing straps compared to your clothes line. Are the end connections done similar ?

Thank you

Alan
Hi Alan,
I don't have a pic off hand but I used zip ties looped through I bolts used at the base of the tree. This way I could adjust length easily. The PVC coating around the wire helps the zip tie grip so they don't done undone.
Hope this helps.
Kind regards
Brady.